“Average short flight”
Review of Silver Airways

Reviewed 22 February 2018

I have flown to and from Tallahassee the state capital of Florida several times including my most recent flight. Tallahassee International Airport (TLH) is a rather small airport with very few passengers. United, Delta, American and Jet Blue serve TLH from the NYC area via other cities. There are no non-stops between NYC airports and TLH.

I have flown on United via Orlando (MCO) or Tampa and then on Silver Airways’ Saab 340Bplus turbo prop aircraft with 34-seat capacity. As you can see from my pics you must board these flights from the tarmac at both MCO or TLH. Silver Airways is part of United’s Star Alliance so I can get my mileage credit on my United Airlines Premier mileage program.

Silver’s planes are small for a 6-foot, 2-inch guy like myself, but, luckily the flight is only about 1 hour. My flights to and from TLH were on time and their water service was adequate for this short flight. I might consider driving from Orlando to Tallahassee next time, which would take about 4 hours.

Reviewed 22 February 2018

The flight was fine, a bit hot and cramped, but it was fine. The crew was nice and hospitable. The ground crew in Key West, AMAZING. The customer service...Terrible! We will never use them again. You can not call anyone if you have an issue, like lost baggage. It takes weeks for an email response. And then the refund they eventually get to you is half of what it should be and comes with a half butt apology. We received my husbands wedding clothes 10 hrs before our wedding. Wrinkled of course because what should have been a quick flight ended up being a 4 day fiasco.

Date of travel: October 2017
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank Chelsea C
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

I will NEVER fly this airline again. My plane was late leaving causing me to miss my connecting flight. They were not pleasant or nice about it. When I said I needed to get home because I had medicine that I needed to take they said well you have to figure it out. When I knew I would be late for the connecting flight I asked the ticket agent at the departing terminal what will happen, he stated emphatically that the plane would be held. WRONG.

1  Thank sugies
Reviewed 21 February 2018

The airline lost my luggage for the entire weekend, lying to me about why it was delayed, where it was, and when I would be getting it back such that I was stuck to the rental unit for the weekend thinking it was on its way. For the record, it was delayed because they sent it to Atlanta by mistake and I didn't get it back until I returned to the airport for my departing flight home. According to the agent, this sort of thing happens "all the time." They are now insisting on charging me the baggage fee I paid to check it because my bag was just delayed and not lost. No integrity. BTW, the flight was also delayed on departure because they didn't have a pilot.

Date of travel: January 2018
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank mtlew12
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

A Silver Airways employee asked us to pay $7 per person for checking us in at the airport! This was unbelievable. We refused to pay and checked in online...

2  Thank ChipFloridaUSA