“Ideal for those on a budget!”
Review of AirAsia - Philippines AirAsia

Reviewed 27 October 2018

We got round-trip tickets to Seoul for a little above $100, which is a really good deal based on past experience. It's a four-plus-hour flight, but no food is provided, which we expected already since it is a budget airline. There is food sold on the plane, and surprisingly it's quite affordable (hot choco for a dollar, for example), so if you do get hungry, you can easily purchase sandwiches or a meal. The flight attendants are quite pleasant too. It is cramped, with little legroom, but since it's not a long flight, it was okay. No delays too. I'd recommend it for those on a budget and those going on short flights!

Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

Check-in at counter took 1 hr at Puerto Princesa Airport despite having done web check-in. 5 pax before us took 20 min to get their boarding passes and the line was snaking behind.

Then to the flight, it was late by more than 1.5 hr for a flight that's just 1 hr. Totally unacceptable. They planned only half hr to turn around their flights, obviously failing to do so and snow-balling their schedules. If they can't do such quick turn around, adjust the schedule! We almost missed our ferry at Cebu because of the incompetent operation.

Very poorly managed operations, won't recommend at all.

2  Thank Prestonia
Reviewed 19 October 2018

Direct flight from Don Muang Bangkok to Manilla. Other than the logistical horror of arriving at 2AM, upon landing in Manilla, the stewardess announced she was coming though the cabin to do a mandatory spraying. With no more than a few seconds notice she took a LARGE can on insecticide and emptied it walking the plane from front to back rapidly. I pulled my shirt over my head to try to avoid this. If this chemical is going to kill a fly or aphid on contact to save the agriculture and ecology of the host country, imagine what it is going to do to you? Next time I will hold onto the blanket and tent myself as a shield from this spraying. This is obviously not Air Asia's fault, it's something the Philippines requires them to do. Just please give passengers more notice so they can cover themselves. Again I must emphasize the spraying was announced and within nanoseconds she was hosing us down with insecticide in great quantity! I get keeping the prices low, but not even one bottle of free water on offer during the flight.

Date of travel: August 2018
2  Thank brian h
Reviewed 19 October 2018

No delays on both sectors CEB-MNL-CEB. I always like the flight schedules of Air Asia as they are spaced wide apart so there are very few flight delays due to late arrival of the aircraft. However, in the past, I had a very bad experience with them that I had to tweet a complaint but was ignored. They flew despite a Signal 3 storm warning and it was my scariest flight.

Reviewed 18 October 2018

Both outward and return legs were delayed, blamed on congestion at Manila.
Onboard service was good, though unlike most other aitlines they insist tablets are off till at cruising altitude. prebooked meal was basic but actually tasty.
on the outward journey flight was 2 hours late, on the return leg, passengers boarded over an hour before departure time but then we sat around for 2 hours so departed an hour late. I actually watched a whole movie before we moved!

online booking is a nightmare, they add insurance automatically and you click if you dont want it, you are then asked to confirm you dont want it. You then pay for the flight only to find that they never actually removed the insurance despite you confirming twice that you didnt want it!