“Good value for money”
Review of Flybe

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lovely staff, good prices and beautiful environment. Unfortunately, Flybe stopped flying SEN to GLA, very sad :(

Date of travel: September 2018
    • Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a ReviewReviews (6,383)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I travel with this airline a lot due to work and home commitments and I can confidently say I have never been on a flight that has left on time. The delays vary from 30 mins to two hours - most of the time with absolutely no reasonable explanation.

They will charge you for hand luggage any bigger than a standard handbag so please be cautious of this.

I have never had a pleasant experience using this airline and always dread the journey as I never know what to expect. If there was a alternative airline I would definitely use it and not waste my hard earned money on over priced flight tickets with this terribly unorganised airline.

It continues to truly amaze me how shockingly bad they really are.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This company are a complete joke. On our outbound to East Midlands they had to divert to Birmingham because of “technical problems”. No explanation whatsoever and left the passengers feeling scared. A quick google search will show how many technical problems this airline has. Disturbing. On the way back the cabin baggage that was perfectly fine from Amsterdam to East Midlands and that I have taken onboard multiple Flybe flights and easyJet, and multiple other airlines, suddenly wasn’t appropriate so we get charged £100 for two pieces of check in baggage. They have a tiny bag tray which is 10cm narrower than any Other airline. So our samsonite cabin approved luggage doesn’t drop in. It’s an absolute scam and they Have clearly been taking lessons from Ryanair’s approach 5 years ago. I will never fly with this company again.
Each ticket was £250 and we were travelling with a 3 year old and this is how they are. Also the flight back was delayed 1 hour, no explanation or apology. It will be a good day when then go down the same path as flybmi

3  Thank Virtualrhino1
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I've read all of the reviews on here with great interest as I was also "Scammed" at Dusseldorf for my return flight. €54. My case is well within the dimensions for which I have sent photographs to Flybe but to no avail. Whilst you cannot escalate through the CAA you can escalate to Flybe's independent handler for escalated complaints. I urge everyone to make contact and state their case (no pun :-) ) to Consumer Dispute Resolution Ltd., 12-14 Walker Avenue, Stratford Office Village, Wolverton Mill, Milton Keynes.

Keep copies of all your correspondence with Flybe and send it all to them including pictures of your case and the dimensions clearly shown with a measuring tape.

I struggle with the fact that my case did not fit the metal sizing cage, however it is smaller than the dimensions Flybe Advertise. Luckily I will be in Dusseldorf again in a couple of weeks (Flying Eurowings) and will be taking a tape measure because I am convinced that the sizing gauge is not correct - otherwise my case would have fitted. Given that the case weighed a total of 7KG it was hardly overloaded and stretched by a couple of shirts and some underwear! Ridiculous!!

Also be aware that Flybe state in their response to me that by paying the baggage fee I agree to those terms and conditions which mean the amount is non-refundable. Which is clearly stated...that's right - absolutely no-where.

I appreciate that there are some people who clearly look to get larger cases on board but for the majority this is nothing short of a way to get money dishonestly and at detriment to the customer. great to see so many people now moving to other airlines.

3  Thank Niall A
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

FLYBe send the most Rudest, the most Ignorant person they can find to challenge people's size of hand luggage and Want to charge £50 a piece of hand luggage to put in the hold. As they are having Great financial difficulties and need New owners they have decided to RIP people off for more money, I say people and you are not treated like customers anymore. Also they seem to have reduced the size of Hand luggage without giving any forward information even though the website still says the following 55cm x 35cm x 20cm including wheels and handles.. Plus a Laptop or Handbag... The module they use to measure at LBA seems to be smaller...
My advise is to fly with Eurowings From/To Manchester or Newcastle. With the current attitude from FLYBe maybe they will go the same way as FLYBMI...

• Food and Beverage