“affordable but RUDE”
Review of Jetstar Japan

Reviewed 15 June 2018

going back to Manila, it was such a surprise to have ALL my hand-carry bags weighed-- and I'm talking about my handbag on top of the usual overhead handcarry luggage I had which we weighed prior to checking in.
staff in Tokyo was rude compared to that in Manila especially the guy in the boarding area who gave me such attitude about the shopping bags I had with me after I went duty-free shopping.

I'd have to give kudos to our Japanese captain who flew so well and calmly through the storm. very professional and knew how to keep the passengers calm yet ready as he gave exact time to expect major turbulence.

Date of travel: June 2018
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (1,124)

Reviewed 4 June 2018

In this April I traveled to Jakarta via Singapore.
After searching the net Jetstar provided the best air fair, and there were no any other service close to it.
Service was also worth for that price. They dont provide food, but you can buy food on board or prior, still it is reasonable. Leg space is also good as a low cost carrier.
I always use Jetstar when I travel within Japan. I am happy about they are doing many Int'l packages too.

Date of travel: April 2018
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Our flight was delayed by 5 hours, which they told us one day ahead. So we changed to an earlier flight. When we got to the gate they told us we could not get on the plane because there was something in one of our bags. They did not tell us what was in the bag, but made us pay 6000 Yen and wait 6h for the next flight. This time there was no problem with our bags although we still had the same things in there!! They made us pay for no reason!!!

Date of travel: May 2018
2  Thank larae597
Reviewed 22 May 2018

I can not afford any more time in board if I keep take the seat.
Even Jetstar Japan offer you a seat, but stand in aisle will much better.
But it is the cheapest ticket, I cannot blame it any.
Besides, I have to say that Jetstar is very on time.
And from Taipei to Tokyo or return trip, the time table is better than others.
捷星的座椅確實讓人很難休息,即使用上頭枕,腰還是難受。座椅是用一般露營用的設計,所以背部支撐力差。
特價票價及時段是他的優勢,不用忍受紅眼航班。

Date of travel: December 2017
    • Food and Beverage
1  Thank Wander733658
Reviewed 22 May 2018

One of the cheapest airlines in Japan. Very suitable for a short flight which usually doesn't need much service by the staffs. You can't expect much space in this kind of airlines, but I think all of them were acceptable for a cheap flight like this.

Date of travel: February 2018
    • Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.