“Mt. Everest Mountain View Flight”
Review of Yeti Airlines

Reviewed 14 January 2018

We were quite excited about this mountain view flight, as I've been wanting to see Everest since I was a child. I can't say that this flight was entirely satisfying. In fact, I was a bit disappointed by two things:

1) I SPECIFICALLY asked that my wife and I NOT be seated by the wing. We were one of the first people at the check-in desk, and what did they do? Sat us directly on the wing. See my pictures. I live in Hawaii. How long of a flight do you think that was for us to get to Nepal, and how much money do you think it cost us? How hard would it have been honor my request and seat us either at the back of the plane, or in front of the wings, as I had asked. What was even more infuriating was that they sat other people, who came after us in better seats. Do I get a refund? Nope! Not to mention, were charged some "holiday fee" since we happened to do this on Christmas Day. Something tells me this wasn't a legit fee, and it's made even more upsetting by what I stated above.

2) Although you get to see Everest, it's really far off into the distance, and you only get to see it for about 5 to 10 minutes before the plane turns around. I wish the plane got a bit closer to the mountain(s).

Service by the rest of the staff and crew were great, however, so I'll give them an extra star simply for that. The champagne at the end of the flight was a nice touch as well.

All that said, if you're paying one of the lower rates, which I believe was around $150 - $160 USD, it's worth it (just make sure you get a good seat). I paid closer to $240 - $260 each, totally around $500 for the both of us, and to be honest, I doubt I would do it again. I think you could have a good experience, no doubt about that, but just be wary of the details of my personal experience.

Next time, I think I'll just dish out the $1000+ to take the helicopter tour to base camp.

• Food and Beverage

Reviewed 7 January 2018

We took the mountain flight and also flew from Kathmandu to Pokhra and back.

The flights were on time and staff was very professional.

We had a very nice experience.

A special mention of the mountain flight wherein we could interact with the pilot and view the mountains from the flying deck.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

I booked return flights with Yeti Air from Kathmandu to Lukla, but never travelled on a Yeti Air plane, so from that point of view, I don't know if I'm reviewing Yeti, or the 2 airlines I actually flew with ! LOL.
From Kathmandu to Lukla, I was on a Nepal Airlines plane, and on the return, I was on a Tara Air plane.
I booked and paid with Yeti, I checked in with Yeti, but never flew with Yeti.
Bizarre.
I flew into Lukla just to experience the danger of the flight, stayed 1 night, then flew back to Kathmandu.
Sadly, the weather for flying in both directions was perfect.

2  Thank DadNDave
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

A bit scary to fly on the thirteenth most dangerous airline in the world... but very fun: there was a beautiful view of Nepal and a Jetstream 41 aircraft that made this flight become different from the others, because I wasn’t on a dear old jet plane like A320: they’re obviously more comfortable but they should just be used for business trips. Fun experience.

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Reviewed 28 December 2017

This airline provides budget flights to various destinations in Nepal. The airline operates at quite a small scale having tiny airplanes with a capacity of 15-20 people and short duration flights. The main attraction of the flight is its competitive cost compared to the other airlines flying on the same routes. They also provide refreshments on the half an hour flight consisting of soft drinks and classic salted peanuts. The flight may be delayed by a few minutes but is mostly reliable in terms of time.
Overall, its not good for someone expecting first class but a great budget option for quick travel.

• Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)