“Easy commuter”
Review of Winair

Reviewed 19 February 2018

Winair is a simple and easy means to an end when traveling in the Caribbean. The pilots are all well trained and as this is not the US you can actually see what they are doing in the cockpit which makes things more fun when flying into smaller airports. There schedule is a bit scattered so plan you travel around when they actually have flights and remember that their St. Maarten hub is still in disaster recovery mode so do not expect a First Class lounge... There is a bar and some mediocre food options though. Hanging out in a shed is not the worst place to be as opposed to snow covered northern climes.

• Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Reviewed 15 February 2018

WinnAir refused to refund our tickets after we had to cancel due to a serious viral illness (both my husband and I are ill). They "graciously" said we could rebook until February 2, 2019. I plan on taking this trip again next year in MID February. So they don't even give you one year to rebook. I will never recommend this business. I think we will take the ferry next time or just forget traveling to Saba.

2  Thank 163ginad
Reviewed 22 January 2018

- After purchase a ticket with one stop, they changed it to two stops.
- Upon check in at SJ they charged me for an extra bag, then I had to change the bag from one plane to another at a stop in St. Maarten and they charged for the extra bag again and I showed the receipt for the first bag, so they charged me for the bag twice during the same itinerary same airline
- There was no help in St. Marteen to move the bags so I had to carry all by myself.
- One of my bags arrived on the 2nd day after my flight, the other bag on the 3rd day after my flight. Had to go to the airport in taxi to get the bags as they said "there is no one to bring it to the hotel"
I had to do an additional trip to the airport on the day after the trip because no one would answer the phone. Did place a complaint with the airline but they did not help me at all with any of the additional charges. Unless there is an emergency or you are trying to get out of a hurricane's path, don't fly this airline it is not professional flights are expensive for what they are but they treat as if they were very cheap.

2  Thank alevivi93
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

We arrived at airport early and we were actually the first people there for the 7:40 am flight St Eustatius to Nevis. Imagine our surprise when they couldn’t find our booking in their computer system. Lucky I had my cell phone and data plan from Home and called our travel agents 24 hour emergency contact. Our travel agent in Canada was able to find our locator number to confirm our booking. The travel agent in Canada showed we were booked for the 740 am flight however, winair said we were were confirmed for 1130 flight. Winair was of limited help and if I didnot have my travel agent back home not sure how long it would take to clear things up. I flew several flights with winair over month Dec and not one flight left on time they were often hours late and at no time were you given a reason. If you have to use this airline factor in some delays and always book with a travel agent and get cancellation insurance. Still waiting for refund from winair on a cancelled flight.

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
1  Thank BSAP
Reviewed 19 December 2017

Flight took off 40 minutes earlier than scheduled. I missed the flight and was stranded on Sint Maarten overnight. They offered a stand-by ticket on the 4:40 flight to Saba the next day. I asked a staff member for the sales office phone number so i could purchase a guaranteed reservation for the next day instead of being in limbo. It took over 2 hours of hounding these folks for a ph # and still no cooperation; customer service is nil!

• Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
2  Thank jimlaw41