“Don't fly this airline, changed itineraries, bag delayed 3 days, no answer to calls, no delivery of delayed bags.”
Review of Winair

Reviewed 22 January 2018

- After purchase a ticket with one stop, they changed it to two stops.
- Upon check in at SJ they charged me for an extra bag, then I had to change the bag from one plane to another at a stop in St. Maarten and they charged for the extra bag again and I showed the receipt for the first bag, so they charged me for the bag twice during the same itinerary same airline
- There was no help in St. Marteen to move the bags so I had to carry all by myself.
- One of my bags arrived on the 2nd day after my flight, the other bag on the 3rd day after my flight. Had to go to the airport in taxi to get the bags as they said "there is no one to bring it to the hotel"
I had to do an additional trip to the airport on the day after the trip because no one would answer the phone. Did place a complaint with the airline but they did not help me at all with any of the additional charges. Unless there is an emergency or you are trying to get out of a hurricane's path, don't fly this airline it is not professional flights are expensive for what they are but they treat as if they were very cheap.

2  Thank alevivi93

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

We arrived at airport early and we were actually the first people there for the 7:40 am flight St Eustatius to Nevis. Imagine our surprise when they couldn’t find our booking in their computer system. Lucky I had my cell phone and data plan from Home and called our travel agents 24 hour emergency contact. Our travel agent in Canada was able to find our locator number to confirm our booking. The travel agent in Canada showed we were booked for the 740 am flight however, winair said we were were confirmed for 1130 flight. Winair was of limited help and if I didnot have my travel agent back home not sure how long it would take to clear things up. I flew several flights with winair over month Dec and not one flight left on time they were often hours late and at no time were you given a reason. If you have to use this airline factor in some delays and always book with a travel agent and get cancellation insurance. Still waiting for refund from winair on a cancelled flight.

1  Thank BSAP
Reviewed 19 December 2017

Flight took off 40 minutes earlier than scheduled. I missed the flight and was stranded on Sint Maarten overnight. They offered a stand-by ticket on the 4:40 flight to Saba the next day. I asked a staff member for the sales office phone number so i could purchase a guaranteed reservation for the next day instead of being in limbo. It took over 2 hours of hounding these folks for a ph # and still no cooperation; customer service is nil!

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
2  Thank jimlaw41
Reviewed 19 December 2017

We were booked on the 4:50 flight to St. Barths on December 1. The day before, the airline sent an email informing us of the schedule, which we acknowledged. We arrived in St. Martin at 3:45 and by 3:50 we had our luggage. We made our way to the temporary (because of the hurricane) departure gate, arriving there, luggage at the ready, at about 4:15. At 4:23 we were at the head of the line at the desk and learned that the flight was closed and the plane was leaving. It departed for St. Barths at 4:25. The gate agent rolled out a lot of (invalid) excuses for the departure but never acknowledged that it was 25 minutes early.

We have since sent two emails requesting a refund. The first response was "yours was a nonrefundable ticket." The second was that the writer would have to check with her supervisor. Still no explanation for the early departure and, certainly, no willingness to provide a refund in any form.

Next time, we'll fly through Puerto Rico or book St. Barths Commuter through St. Martin.

1  Thank pgnelson
Reviewed 2 December 2017

Skillful pilots in a twin otter will take you off and put you down in less space than you thought possible. What a gorgeous thrilling ride to get to "The Unspoiled Queen" (Saba). I can't wait to do it again.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)