“Cost us $4K... BAD!!! Basically a criminal enterprise...”
Review of Winair

Reviewed 4 May 2017

If you like employees who say 'I'll kill you', intentionally delay flights and cost you money, WinAir is for you. Using WinAir cost us $4K. Just know, WinAir = BAD, if you can, take ferry instead!

We were booked on a 225pm flight (Thu April 13th) from StBarth to StMaarten to connect to a 405 pm flight to Charlotte on American Airlines, plenty of time under the recommended transfer times (90mins), which even seems excessive for a 10 minute hop. We got to the small StB airport with plenty of time but soon realized that flights were delayed. Important to know that WinAir DOES NOT have an agreement with American, so they will take no responsibility for any delays and if you miss your connection. When I and a fellow passenger inquired about the status of our flight, a WinAir thug (black dude with an eye patch), responded by saying "I'll kill you the next time you get to StBarth." To make things worse, when we got onto the plane, the same thug refused to let the flight leave because a woman on our flight filmed him yelling at her, because she wanted to know where her luggage was.

End result, we had to stay over in St Maarten for a night ($400) and book completely new flights ($3.2K), pay extra for meals, taxis ($400),etc...

2  Thank taconicracer

Reviewed 3 May 2017

We waited in line over an hour (THAT BARELY MOVED) - for no apparent reason, nearly missing our flight. Every individual that we dealt with was extremely rude and unprofessional. On our way to the plane (being escorted by a Winair employee) we were accused of ruining her day and not knowing how to follow protocol even though all of the tardiness was completely out of control. I found this whole experience disorganized and rather frustrating. Unfortunately this is the only airline with this flight path not giving you any option (which is understandable for such a small location)

1  Thank Jill H
Reviewed 1 May 2017

As many, this is my first review ever. I just need to warn others.

Incoming flight arrived 45 minutes late and I therefore arrived 45 mins late to SXM. I missed my connection to MIA and later flight to South America.

Did WINAIR help? NO. They claimed no responsibility and I was left to fend (and pay a night in St. Maarten and new flights) for myself.

Winair couldn't even explain WHY they had been 45 min late on a 15 min flight! They could have cared less.

DO NOT FLY WINAIR.

• Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
2  Thank copernicvs
Reviewed 3 April 2017

I don't leave negative reviews normally, but this airline needs it.

Over-priced and under-good. My least favorite combination...

We'd heard from friends that this was a difficult airline to use but that it was better than using the ferry.

"It's only a 9 minute flight", they'd say.

It was a 9 minute flight that turned into a 3 hours ordeal.

The staff is disorganized and unfriendly.

Our experience was chaotic.

They didn't post the flight number on the boards. We watched carefully and listened carefully. We missed the flight and were put on standby for a flight that was 30 minutes later. We saw members of the staff being rude to other guests who were also trying to manage the chaos and not miss flights. "Get out of the way".

We waited in a hot hallway for 30 minutes to wait for the hot bus to get on the even hotter plane. No air flow.

Fortunately, the person who ushered us onto the plane had a pleasant smile.

It is our first time to St. Bart's, and after that travel experience, all we could think was "This island better be awesome to justify this sort of difficult travel experience to get onto it."

Many folks paid for VIP service. From what we saw, all it meant was that someone helped manage the chaos and help you get onto the flight...which may have been worth it...but it's ridiculous that it had to be that way to start with.

This market is ripe for a smart business person with experience in this industry to come offer something of true value to the sort of clientele who travels to St. Barths.

1  Thank Dale D
Reviewed 19 March 2017

Flight was 2 hours late. No information given.
No cancellations allowed, or changes to flights. Personnel were horrible.

3  Thank Thomas L