Nick Danger wrote a review Sep 2022
Appleton, United States6 contributions2 helpful votes
After reading several horrible reviews, I felt obligated to speak up. The Mariner is not RC's biggest ship, and it's not their newest ship. It's also not their most expensive ship to cruise on. I feel like the people who wrote some of these reviews were expecting an Oasis class experience on a Voyager class budget. Yes, the rooms could use a bit of tweaking, but they are clean, comfortable, and more than adequate. The food in main dining was good, not great, but I enjoyed every meal. We ate most of our meals in the Windjammer because of the convenience, and the selection, and I thought that the selection and quality was more than adequate. Entertainment options were a bit limited, but still enjoyable. The pools, spas, and pool areas were clean, and people were polite and dressed appropriately. I don't expect people in tuxes even on "formal night" anymore. It's just the nature of this generation. Bottom line, it's a fun cruise on a nice ship, and great overall experience that I would not hesitate to book again. The price you pay for the experience you get it well worth it.
Sail Date: December 2021
Pools & Sundecks
Onboard Activities
Entertainment
2 Helpful votes
Scroll below for other great reviews

Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas

3 Night Cruise to the Bahamas
Departure date
Friday, 10/02/23
Route
Port Canaveral (Orlando), Nassau, Perfect Day at CocoCay, Port Canaveral (Orlando)
View Map

Ocean View (3N)
  Ocean View (8N)

Cabins

Balcony
Cabin size: 198 - 275 sq. ft.
Connected rooms: 84

• Connoisseur Club - Spirits*
  • Chops Grille - Steakhouse*
* May require additional fees

Reviews
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.

• 75
  • Filter
  • English
GregLaura S wrote a review 2 Feb
Gainesville, Virginia28 contributions67 helpful votes
We booked kind of a last minute trip on Mariner of the Seas. We sailed from 27-30 January 2023. We are Crown and Anchor participants. My overall impression of Mariner was pretty positive. We typically book on one of the Oasis class ships, because they offer so many activities. This was our first cruise on the Voyager class ships and they are pretty small in comparison to the Oasis class ships but since this was just a short cruise (4 days, 3 nights) we thought it would be sufficient, which it was. The staff as always was very nice and professional, they always greet you with a smile and are very accommodating. My 9 year old daughter usually likes the kids club but was not very impressed with the one on Mariner. The Windjammer seemed more crowded than usual and it was difficult to find a table, they had to use the Italian restaurant as an overflow for the Windjammer due to the lack of seating. The food in the Windjammer was a disappointment, breakfast items were cold, the scrambled eggs looked undercooked and soupy. The itinerary was pretty good as well, with a stop in Nassau and a stop at Coco Cay. It was our first time at Coco Cay and we thoroughly enjoyed our time there. There was a lot to do and see at Coco Cay. One downside to Mariner is the lack of a kids water play area, which is likely due to the relatively small size of the ship but it would be nice if RC renovated some of the smaller ships to include a splash zone for younger children. Activities onboard were somewhat disappointing as well, the ice skating show was good but the nightly movies were kind of dated (Apollo 13). The evening broadway show was only on one evening, would have been nice if the show had run at least two nights. Overall we enjoyed the short cruise and have booked another in November on Allure with the same itinerary.
Jodesandjojo wrote a review Jan 2023
Perth, Australia119 contributions71 helpful votes
Amazing cruise with The Royal Caribbean on The Mariner. We did a cruise to Nassau, Bahamas and had A Perfect Day at Coco Cay and it was just fabulous. We purchased ‘The Key’ package which gave us a welcome lunch, free wifi throughout the trip, priority boarding and departure and departure breakfast. Well worth it for getting ahead of the queue and having the ability to be contactable throughout our trip. We rented a Jeep in Nassau, and a Cabana on Coco Cay and it was cool to have a few excursions prepared. My only regret is not being able to enjoy all the amenities due to running out of time. Would’ve loved a longer stay on the ship. All in all, LOVED IT! Never once did I even feel like we were moving, or docked or anything. It was like a hotel on water. The ship catered for everybody! Great first experience and I will definitely recommend to anyone and everyone. Thanks for a fantastic cruise Royal Caribbean!
1 Helpful vote
Ajaxme wrote a review Jan 2023
Windham, Maine164 contributions47 helpful votes
This was out first cruise so had zero comparisons. Off day was in Cozumel where we did a scuba excursion. It was a good but pretty basic experience, the ship was full so everything was always busy. The staff were excellent and service was great. Room was cleaned multiple times a day. Food was OK, plentiful at the buffet but very repetitive. We had an inside room with a promenade window view - it was all that was available when we booked as we wanted a connecting room for the kids. It was spacious and other than one event night quiet. Definitley on the shabbier side - ship was going to dry dock this year I expect for upgrades. Teens 16 and 17 had a great time and made friends. Lots of programs for that age group. Shows were very mediocre. Entertainment like quizzes was fun but as others have mentioned in spaces that were too small. My biggest surprise was how much sales pitching goes on - you are pushed all the time to buy more and there are lots of up charges. Even the wait staff tell you everyday to leave good reviews! "free" events are mostly to get you to go buy things. Highly recomend getting the 'key' as you get benefits that make things smoother. Impressed with the efficiency of getting everyone on and off. I feel like we got what we paid for and would not choose to go over a holiday again.
MegScatbert wrote a review Jan 2023
Winnipeg, Canada20 contributions13 helpful votes
After a terrible experience with NCL in 2019 (accidentally refunded my drink package and took 3 days to reinstate it, only to not have the drinks I had to buy in the meantime refunded - basically double charged - gave me a future NCL credit as compensation which I’ll never use) we decided to take our tween/agers on RCI to Mexico. We really enjoyed it! The ship is great. Big without being too big. It’s got a lot of the great trappings the kids like (Sky Pad, Water Slides, Flowrider, etc) but doesn’t really feel crowded. The main areas are beautiful. The rooms are dated but who cares. I do agree the mattress and pillows were hard. The food was great!! I was very impressed by the dining room food. I am motivated to write this after reading some reviews about how bad it was. Night 1, I had the prime rib, and I know my prime rib, and it was maybe the nicest cut I’ve had in years. Perfectly cooked with not a ton of fat. Yum. I even tested out the salmon. Being from BC, I know how salmon should be cooked, and while it was *slightly* overdone, it was still totally acceptable given how many they’re cooking at once. IZUMI was good, but it could have been a bit better. Not as good as Benihana. WAY too much garlic in your veggie fried rice! Other than that, tasty. Good portions and chefs put on a great show. The staff is great, it was easy to get drinks and snacks everywhere. I found it easy to get loungers but I never hung out by the pool so maybe it’s busier there. I avoid the party areas, so if you do that, you’ll be fine. Embarkation was a breeze. WAY better than the NCL sh-show. We were in the terminal and onboard within 30 min for sure. Hardly any bad lines that I saw. Our cruise was over New Years and they did a great job. We would definitely cruise with RCI again.
1 Helpful vote
I'm in a Hawaii State of Mind wrote a review Dec 2022
Syracuse, Utah270 contributions104 helpful votes
Our family has cruised a lot. Every ship is completely different even with the same company. We did back-to-back cruises right before Christmas. The mariner of the seas had amazing activities planned everyday all day for teenagers. It was so refreshing to see this age group congregate together and enjoy activities without their cellphones Honestly this would be the biggest selling point of going on this ship With teenagers. The food was great the ship has been updated recently so everything is nice. My kids made so many friends on this ship. I can't say the same about the liberty of the seas which is the cruise that followed this. I would say one of the negatives is the crew that works the flow rider is very strict. My 14 year old had to jump through all sorts of hoops to be able to do the stand up and he was definitely the most skilled during this sailing. It really left us with a negative impression of the crew back there. They only did stand up time separately from boogie boarding times. Unlike the liberty of the seas who did mixed wave which was way more enjoyable with friendier crew. Considering we book Royal because of the flowrider this makes a big difference to us. Looks like royal Caribbean is streamlining their menus so we had the same thing for dinner on both ships. Everything was delicious but the vegetarian portions are pretty small unless they give you pasta. They do have a full vegan menu on their app but it is not printed on their evening menu. The ice skating show was phenomenal the best I've seen. Broadway shows were less desirable mainly because they cast non English speakers for their primary roles and it was hard to understand them. ***One of my biggest complaints would be that they didn't show the World Cup championship with sound on the big screen. I've been on other ships during the Super Bowl and they have played it so I'm not sure why they forced us all to go to our cabins or congregate around a tiny little sports ball bar to watch it. This was a missed opportunity on their part and it was an amazing game!! We would sell the mariner of the seas again in a heartbeat!!

Upcoming itineraries

3 Night Cruise to the Bahamas
Departure date
Friday, 10/02/23
The map for this itinerary is not available at this time.
Itinerary
Prices are cruise only, per person, double occupancy, and are provided by our partners. Taxes, fees and port expenses are not included. Fuel supplements may apply. Availability of prices is subject to the supplier’s pricing availability.