David L wrote a review Mar 2024
Orange Park, Florida1 contribution
This was the most disorganized, unsafe poorest ran cruise I have ever been on in my life. Understaffed, misleading information about refunds when they cancel a night, poor food, buffet folks tying up the line, eating Ice Cream in line while wait for Pizza, ordering too much and not even eating it. Corporate office could care less about customer complaints, as they run their business by numbers and assumptions of peoples complaints. Don't waste your time on this ship or Cruise line, they are like the bottom of the barrel of Cruise lines.
Sail Date: February 2024
Dining
Pools & Sundecks
Onboard Activities
Entertainment
Scroll below for other great reviews

Carnival Liberty

Interior Upper/Lower (1A)
  Interior (4A)

Cabins

Balcony
Cabin size: 185 - 195 sq. ft.
Connected rooms: 48

• Diamonds Steakhouse - Steakhouse*
  • Room Service*
* May require additional fees

Reviews
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.

• 54
  • Filter
  • English
Cynthia H wrote a review 10 Jul
1 contribution
My experience on the cruise was good until I went to the Park West Art Auction. Everyone seemed very cordial and accommodating but after the fact I did not receive what I was promised. In calling the company for resolution I have thus far met with no resolution. To top it off I have recently had to contact my credit card company since I have monies charged on my sign and sale card that was suppose to be removed and only charged on a Park West credit card. It has been very disappointing and discouraging. I am still waiting for a callback from a supervisor. It was my first experience with Park West and depending on the outcome it will be my last. It appears there is a lot of hype but not honesty in transacting business. At this point I have lost all faith in the company and spent a large amount of money. Depending on the outcome I hope my faith can be restored. I have tried to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and consider it was an honest mistake but due to no one getting back to me or working to resolve the issue it is causing me to lose faith in their goal to do the right thing. I would just say proceed with caution no matter how nice the people seem since the bottom line is the final outcome of the purchase and in my case I was not given what was agreed upon or promised. Get paperwork in writing I was told I couldn’t get a hard copy of an invoice because the computer wasn’t working but was assured it would be emailed at a later date but once I got the invoice he had changed it and no business should be transacted without a copy of the invoice at the time of service not after the fact. If the computer is broken then simply cancel the order until such time as things are working properly. Integrity has to be more important than profit and in my case that seems to be the issue. I’m praying for a resolution and am promised a call from a supervisor today. It’s been 30 days since my cruise and should not take that long to resolve the issue. The solution is simple. The willingness on the part of the company to keep their word is the only roadblock I am seeing. I regret I have to reach out to other entities to get someone to take my case seriously. I will keep everyone posted if things are finally resolved in a satisfactory manner. 🙏🙏🙏
fransmom wrote a review 7 Jul
Mount Vernon, Virginia27 contributions31 helpful votes
We went during hurricane Beryl.Carnival changed our day at sea to Cozumel because the hurricane was to hit on the day that we went. We went to Cozumel on Tuesday and then Roatan on Wednesday's. The port of Belize was closed due to the weather on Thursday. We spent the rest days of the trip at sea. Cruisers were given port taxes as refunds. This was approximately $30 per person. They did very little to make up for the loss. I understand that they could not control the weather however, they made a lot of money on the days that we were onboard the ship. Children ran rampant with little co trip from adults who were drinking their time away. Groups are of children played ding dong ditch knocking on passenger doors. They ripped menus in the lounge. Groups of young teens ran through the hallways yelling with little to no control.There were lots of trivia games in the lounge. On three nights there were shows with the dancers/singers. in one bizarre show a blond “ghost” watched and “helped” as the others acted out scene from movies.The food was subpar and the room steward only entered the rooms once during the day in the morning.many of the crew were helpful. I just think that they were reacting to what the Carnival Corporation gave them Under the circumstances which was not much.I have been cruising for over 30 years. Twice I was in a hurricane. This was the worst that I have ever experienced.carnival like bed it because the people had little to do but drink, shop and gamble.
Devon R wrote a review Jun 2024
Orlando, Florida8 contributions
Went on my first Cruise with my nephew on the Carnival Liberty. The trip to the Bahamas was everything I hoped for. I purchased a room with a balcony and woke up early every morning to a beautiful sunrise and ocean. The find and staff members in every area of customer service was terrific. I'm looking forward to cruising with them again this November
KarissaEdgar wrote a review Apr 2024
Miami, Florida14 contributions1 helpful vote
After horrible service & treatment on our last Carnival Cruise aboard the Conquest, hubby & I had vowed to never sail w/em again; however, 1 of the issues that had occurred was us never docking @ Bimini due to rainy weather & in turn, rec'd a $300 credit towards a future cruise 3 mos after complaining. Therefore, having already sailed w/em many X previously, I gave em 1 more try. What a sucker I was & thereby such a mistake! It was so much worse! Their standards have really declined, especially in cleanliness. There were hairs all over my cabin: within drawers, & even hanging from picture frames! The toilet had a ring of black mold. My sons' cabin had bed bugs the very 1st night which Guest Svcs denied despite being shown a killed 1 & it was pulling teeth to get them to move my adult sons to another cabin, let alone reimburse laundry costs I wasted my entire Day At Sea doing. Then the last night a few hrs before disembarkation, smoke crept through our cabin vents w/such a powerful burning rubber smell our eyes burned & we began coughing. This also required a move to another cabin for sleep, yet occurred 3 Xs since they couldn't somehow count us as 4 passengers & kept moving us to 3 capacity cabins. Please do not give Carnival ur business - they are actually not the cheapest. MSC is a far better value for that, & then there are so many more better cruiselines for service.
Brandi B wrote a review Apr 2024
1 contribution
This was the worst ship and cruise line I have ever experienced. We were traveling with an infant and toddler. I called prior to booking to make sure all of our children’s needs would be met to include food and child care. Upon arriving the room was disgusting and I had to clean it myself. I called the cabin crew member and asked if he could put the bed down so my toddler could nap and I was told no they won’t do that until the evening. Thank god I brought my own baby crib or I wouldn’t have had that either. When we arrive at dinner I asked what puréed foods that have for the baby since I was told that would be available to us. They told us there are no puréed food and they hope I brought something for the baby to eat!!!! I was so furious I walked out and left and the manager followed me to the hall and magically they had purée baby food to send to the room. Then when we take the baby to Child care so we can enjoy the adult shows we were told the baby room doesn’t open until 10:00 pm! What cruise line chooses to open a baby room at 10:00? Children are already asleep by then. The first night we took our sleeping baby to the child care at 10:00 in hopes of enjoying at least one of the shows for the evening and we were told they wanted to put the baby in a crib in the same room as the 10 year olds who were running around acting crazy! Who in their right mind would think that’s ok to do with an infant? Apparently carnival does. The buffet had no options for a child to eat either and our toddler survived off lunch meat. I’m absolutely disgusted with this ship. Even after I went to guest services they didn’t do anything. I went from being a loyal carnival guest to never wanting to go on another arrival ship again. If I had known the truth about how little you accommodate children I would have never booked this cruise.

Upcoming itineraries

7 Night Cruise to the Caribbean
Departure date
Sunday, 05/10/25
The map for this itinerary is not available at this time.
Itinerary
Prices are cruise only, per person, double occupancy, and are provided by our partners. Taxes, fees and port expenses are not included. Fuel supplements may apply. Availability of prices is subject to the supplier’s pricing availability.