Anne D wrote a review May 2024
2 contributions
On the 1st day of the cruise, we were informed that our room was ready within 10 minutes of our arrival which was surprising. Upon arriving to the room, we were given a room that did not match the description on the website. To our dismay, the room was dirty. There were permanent stains on the couch and it was evident that the curtains and windows had not been clean since the introduction of the ship. Further, it was clear that the bathroom had not been deep cleaned. There was in the shower and the shower doors had mold. While the room was dated, that was not my major concern, it was the lack of a deep clean. The balcony table and chairs were also not cleaned. Additionally, I personally experienced a display of anti-Blackness by the Black security guards upon my disembarkation at one of the ports. I was told that the guard could not recognize my face since my hair was currently in a ponytail and in the uploaded photo on the seapass app, my hair was down. For context, it was a close photo of my face. I was forced to take a new photo which was not a big deal but the true problem was that I had disembarked without any issues prior to this specific day and my hair style was in a ponytail on those days as well. It was very discomforting that I was singled out for a hairstyle change. Having my hair in a ponytail made my face even clearer since my face was not obstructed and therefore, it demonstrated that the guard was displaying anti-Blackness because there was no way he could not identify my face in a up close photo vs my hair in a ponytail which gives a clear display of my face.

However, the shows on the boat were nice especially the aqua show. The staff and personnel were extremely courteous and helpful. The food was truly amazing with my personal favorites being Windjammer and Giovanni's.
Sail Date: May 2024
Dining
Pools & Sundecks
Onboard Activities
Entertainment
Scroll below for other great reviews

Oasis of the Seas

7 Night Cruise to the Western Mediterranean
Departure date
Sunday, 22/09/24
Route
Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca (Majorca), Marseille, La Spezia (Cinque Terre), Rome (Civitavecchia), Naples, Barcelona
View Map

• Deck 8
Additional decks
Deck 3 layout
Cabins
  Ocean View Accessible (1N)
  Interior (2V)
  Interior (1V)
  Ocean View (2N)

Cabins

Balcony
Cabin size: 182 - 274 sq. ft.
Connected rooms: 454

• Coastal Kitchen - Suite Restaurant
  • Room Service*
* May require additional fees

Reviews
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.

• 126
  • Filter
  • English
bugman33772 wrote a review 13 Jul
Seminole, Florida185 contributions56 helpful votes
Have been on this ship several times..This time we left out of Rome,Italy These ports are all much closer,so more time spent in each port..Great Ship.
Tiffany C wrote a review 8 Jul
1 contribution
NOT very good at security and orientation to his clients. I was saving money for a long time around $7,000 to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary which ended up being a nightmare since we were robbed (pick pocket) in Spain in Puerto Mallorca. No warnings not even in the app, Royal Caribbean does not have free buses in Puerto Mallorca which affects us. I reported to the royal caribbean security's staff that i was pick pocket and lost all my ids and cretit cars , they only made a brief report and did not follow up. We didn't even have money for a taxi to go back to the airport. Royal Caribbean did not even give us a courtesy taxi back to the airport. A stranger with a good heart had to come and pay us for the bus to get to the airport. It was the worst nightmare that has ever happened to me in my entire life.
Luke S wrote a review Jun 2024
1 contribution
Mixed bag of emotions when it comes to this trip! The food was 10/10 all over the ship. The staff 10/10. Reception, cleaners, waiters and dining room staff all couldn’t be nicer. The variety of things to do was fantastic, you’d never get bored. Never had to queue or wait for a drink anywhere really. Room was comfy and clean. Now for the let down… As a family with kids, entertainment is the best part of the holiday for us. And I felt it lacked greatly for younger children. We went to look at kids club and decided straight away we’d never leave our girls there. All the children looked bored out of their minds, they were all just sat there watching TV! There was no interaction with staff and when we asked what planned activities there were, we were told none. They don’t do things like chocolate parties or any type of games etc! It was more like a dump your kid off and we will watch them. Secondly if you had early tea, you missed a lot of entertainment as it all seemed to fit around the late tea. Everything was on as we were eating, then large gaps of time until the late sitting had eaten. Not much entertainment or activities around the pool in the days either. A lot of the venues were also very small and impossible to get a seat for big groups. The white night was the worst I’ve ever been to! No decorations, staff didn’t take part and the ‘party’ if you can call it that was at 10pm on the main boardwalk with absolutely nowhere to sit and the kids got bored waiting for something to happen. Then it was just a band! It was dire. I found the evenings quite boring for kids and all I want is them happy which makes me happy. For the money I wouldn’t return. Maybe as a couple, but certainly not as a family.
Toonie M wrote a review Jun 2024
1 contribution
Great trip made especially good by Helen and Terima in main dining room. Special waiters. They were so professional and attentive towards us.
Lucinda wrote a review Jun 2024
29 contributions5 helpful votes
I haven't left for the cruise yet but felt compelled to write a review on my experience with Royal Caribbean thus far. On the Guest Booklet and booking confirmation it explicitly states "pre-booked shore and land excursions can be reserved online up to FOUR days before your sail date." I was preparing to book excursions on May 31, my sail date is 6 days away, on June 6th but they closed the booking shore excursions 3 days early. This is particularly disappointing as it is my first voyage with Royal Caribbean and I will be reluctant to book again as it seems I cannot rely on the information I have been given.

Upcoming itineraries

7 Night Cruise to the Western Mediterranean
Departure date
Sunday, 22/09/24
The map for this itinerary is not available at this time.
Top deals
Cruise Only€1,293pp
Cruise Only€1,342pp
Fly Cruise€1,390pp
Cruise Only€3,525pp
Fly Cruise€1,648pp
Prices are cruise only, per person, double occupancy, and are provided by our partners. Taxes, fees and port expenses are not included. Fuel supplements may apply. Availability of prices is subject to the supplier’s pricing availability.