troyy0206 wrote a review Apr 2024
Louisville, Kentucky22 contributions
We haven't even sailed yet and have had the worst experience and let me preface this by saying I was very calm and courteous when I called, I was not a jerk. We were planning to book and while discussing it the price went up. I called and the sales person lied twice and told me (a) there were only two cabins left and (b) the price would only go up as the sail date got closer so we rushed and booked with our agent. They have a 48 hour guarantee that says they will issue an onboard credit for the difference, it says "48 hours from the time of the booking." About 12-15 hours outside of that 48 the price dropped even though they said it would not. First our agent called and was told there was nothing they could do once final payment is made.

I called and the first rep told me the same thing, I requested a $520 onboard credit. Then I requested a supervisor and spoke to Carlos Badge #14025. Carlos tells me that since we booked through an agent the record is locked and the agent was the only one that could unlock it so he could not make any changes or issue onboard credits. Then he tells me the 48 hours is from the time the reservation is created and not when it's booked, he said that is when you are considered as booked, so I asked, "Are you telling me that I was booked the whole time and I didn't have to pay at all? You're not booked until you pay and confirm."

After 400 apologies that do not equal $520 he tells me he will issue a $75 onboard goodwill credit. So there's another lie, he had just told me that because and agent has the record locked he could do NOTHING and could not even issue an onboard credit. He tried telling me I didn't understand their systems, it's on the website and not the booking system blah blah blah. Then I asked since he was issuing a $75 goodwill credit why I was unable to get a $500 onboard credit and he would just say "The credit will be $75." I asked him if he was the one making that decision and he replied, "Yes, I'm making that decision." We just sailed on Royal last month, going again this month and have another one booked for next February.

Moral of the story? Royal Caribbean does not care because on future cruises if we don't book a room, someone else will be in the cabin we would have occupied.
Sail Date: April 2024
Pools & Sundecks
Onboard Activities
Entertainment
1 Helpful vote
Scroll below for other great reviews

Oasis of the Seas

7 Night Cruise to the Western Mediterranean
Departure date
Thursday, 08/08/24
Route
Rome (Civitavecchia), Naples, Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca (Majorca), Marseille, La Spezia (Cinque Terre), Rome (Civitavecchia)
View Map

• Deck 8
Additional decks
Deck 3 layout
Cabins
  Ocean View Accessible (1N)
  Interior (2V)
  Interior (1V)
  Ocean View (2N)

Cabins

Balcony
Cabin size: 182 - 274 sq. ft.
Connected rooms: 454

• Coastal Kitchen - Suite Restaurant
  • Room Service*
* May require additional fees

Reviews
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.

• 124
  • Filter
  • English
Luke S wrote a review 16 Jun
1 contribution
Mixed bag of emotions when it comes to this trip! The food was 10/10 all over the ship. The staff 10/10. Reception, cleaners, waiters and dining room staff all couldn’t be nicer. The variety of things to do was fantastic, you’d never get bored. Never had to queue or wait for a drink anywhere really. Room was comfy and clean. Now for the let down… As a family with kids, entertainment is the best part of the holiday for us. And I felt it lacked greatly for younger children. We went to look at kids club and decided straight away we’d never leave our girls there. All the children looked bored out of their minds, they were all just sat there watching TV! There was no interaction with staff and when we asked what planned activities there were, we were told none. They don’t do things like chocolate parties or any type of games etc! It was more like a dump your kid off and we will watch them. Secondly if you had early tea, you missed a lot of entertainment as it all seemed to fit around the late tea. Everything was on as we were eating, then large gaps of time until the late sitting had eaten. Not much entertainment or activities around the pool in the days either. A lot of the venues were also very small and impossible to get a seat for big groups. The white night was the worst I’ve ever been to! No decorations, staff didn’t take part and the ‘party’ if you can call it that was at 10pm on the main boardwalk with absolutely nowhere to sit and the kids got bored waiting for something to happen. Then it was just a band! It was dire. I found the evenings quite boring for kids and all I want is them happy which makes me happy. For the money I wouldn’t return. Maybe as a couple, but certainly not as a family.
Toonie M wrote a review 8 Jun
1 contribution
Great trip made especially good by Helen and Terima in main dining room. Special waiters. They were so professional and attentive towards us.
Lucinda wrote a review 1 Jun
29 contributions5 helpful votes
I haven't left for the cruise yet but felt compelled to write a review on my experience with Royal Caribbean thus far. On the Guest Booklet and booking confirmation it explicitly states "pre-booked shore and land excursions can be reserved online up to FOUR days before your sail date." I was preparing to book excursions on May 31, my sail date is 6 days away, on June 6th but they closed the booking shore excursions 3 days early. This is particularly disappointing as it is my first voyage with Royal Caribbean and I will be reluctant to book again as it seems I cannot rely on the information I have been given.
Anne D wrote a review May 2024
2 contributions
On the 1st day of the cruise, we were informed that our room was ready within 10 minutes of our arrival which was surprising. Upon arriving to the room, we were given a room that did not match the description on the website. To our dismay, the room was dirty. There were permanent stains on the couch and it was evident that the curtains and windows had not been clean since the introduction of the ship. Further, it was clear that the bathroom had not been deep cleaned. There was in the shower and the shower doors had mold. While the room was dated, that was not my major concern, it was the lack of a deep clean. The balcony table and chairs were also not cleaned. Additionally, I personally experienced a display of anti-Blackness by the Black security guards upon my disembarkation at one of the ports. I was told that the guard could not recognize my face since my hair was currently in a ponytail and in the uploaded photo on the seapass app, my hair was down. For context, it was a close photo of my face. I was forced to take a new photo which was not a big deal but the true problem was that I had disembarked without any issues prior to this specific day and my hair style was in a ponytail on those days as well. It was very discomforting that I was singled out for a hairstyle change. Having my hair in a ponytail made my face even clearer since my face was not obstructed and therefore, it demonstrated that the guard was displaying anti-Blackness because there was no way he could not identify my face in a up close photo vs my hair in a ponytail which gives a clear display of my face. However, the shows on the boat were nice especially the aqua show. The staff and personnel were extremely courteous and helpful. The food was truly amazing with my personal favorites being Windjammer and Giovanni's.
Gil L wrote a review Apr 2024
3 contributions
Our cruise experience is picture perfect except for one. That one is the 5-hour cultural tour of Falmouth, Jamaica. This package should be reviewed or even taken out from the offers. It is a complete waste of time and the only one who benefitted from it is the operator. The main focus of the tour was to bring the guests to a souvenir shop that even with the promised 50% discount is more expensive than those inside the port! Everything in the cruise was going great until that experience. On the brighter side of the cruise, the ship is sparkling clean and tidy! The shows on time and world class! Food is tasteful and with so much variety! Our room is perfect with a view of the Central Park! But the one thing that made Oasis of the seas outstanding is its staff! These people worked tirelessly and went beyond to make sure their guests are having a good time! We made new friends and hope we can meet again in the future: A few names need to be mentioned and they are: From Windjammer: Charlene, Queenie, Cy, Grace, Reigh, Yvette, Jayson Mayo, Ayu, Prebi, Gina Johnny Rockets: Eva, Chrysalis, Benito El Loco: Robin and Rommel Royal Theatre: Kien Sorrento: Lorry Our stateroom attendant: Anta Wijaya Izumi Japanese Restaurant: Yoga and Joselito Guest Services: Satooram Bhoyroo Starbucks: Marck Thank you all! This is one experience my wife and I will be talking about for a long time! Gil and Adora

Upcoming itineraries

7 Night Cruise to the Western Mediterranean
Departure date
Thursday, 08/08/24
The map for this itinerary is not available at this time.
Itinerary
Prices are cruise only, per person, double occupancy, and are provided by our partners. Taxes, fees and port expenses are not included. Fuel supplements may apply. Availability of prices is subject to the supplier’s pricing availability.