“At last!”
Review of Loganair

Reviewed 14 July 2018

The 'At last' in my heading refers to TripAdvisor recognising this long serving Scottish Airline as an airline! I have often tried to post reviews but could not as it was not recognised. After many attempts at contacting TA it has happened. My latest flight was very comfortable on the Saab 2000 both ways. Hold luggage is free, and there is in-flight teas/coffee/juice/biscuits also provided free. Cabin crew are nearly always positive and chatty - if required - and the voices from the cockpit are generally happy and informative. (An observation is that these voices are not always clear and distinct). On a general point, reliability has improved greatly over the last year or so. Prices - especially for islanders -are pretty fair. Late bookings tend to be expensive, but for bereavements etc there is a fare dispensation - just ask or look on-line.

Date of travel: March 2018
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (400)

Reviewed 14 July 2018

I understand the safety aspect of MTOW in increased temperatures, and and the added problem of the crosswind, but if it comes down to a mere 13kg bag having to be offloaded, delaying the flight an hour or so, it all seems a bit odd. If it's that critical, then maybe a couple of passengers should be offloaded. Using an average weight for passengers plus luggage is a pretty vague way of calculating this, where safely is concerned.
Staff (ground and crew) pretty uninterested in their passengers too - I thought this on both flights. Only coke and tonic water offered, my request for water went unanswered.
In addition Loganair never replied to my question posted on 29th June.
I suppose they have the monopoly on flights like these, so have no need to make any effort.

Date of travel: June 2018
Reviewed 12 July 2018

I booked 6 months in advance for a holiday. After 2 months they cancelled the flight with no explanation. Luckily I had booked via BA as I had a connecting flight with them. They knew nothing about it although they are a partner airline, but were able to arrange alternative flights thankfully. My friend had a worse experience as she had to deal with Loganair directly who changed the day of her flight! When I travelled with them they lost my bag and offered a measly £25 per day which I could only claim later. When I tried to claim they had so many complaints to deal with they put me on a waiting list. In the end I gave up as it was holding up my claim with my insurance company.
They have a monopoly for flights to the Scottish islands so they have no incentive to up their game and just don't care.

Date of travel: June 2018
3  Thank earthwanderer2018
Reviewed 11 July 2018

Having experienced a couple of delays with Logan Air it was great to have both outbound and return flights on time. Both Stewardesses were very pleasant and it is nice to get a complimentary drink and biscuit .

Date of travel: July 2018
Reviewed 9 July 2018

The weather was bright and clear and because this was a turbo prop aircraft we flew at 28000 feet which meant we had clear views of the Lake District, Yorkshire Dales, Northumberland, the Scottish highlands and an amazing view of the three bridges over the Firth of Forth. The crew were friendly and helpful and both outward and return flights were on time.

Date of travel: July 2018
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.