“Get what you pay for...”
Review of Flair Airlines

Reviewed 15 October 2018

Be very aware that even though your flight might be cheap, they catch you for anything else... make sure you purchase your checked in bags prior to your flight, once you check in, you can no longer purchase the cheaper 'online' rates... They charge $35 for a carry on bag online and $50 at the booth... the only $0 baggage has to fit under the seat (which mine did and that's where i always put it), but if it doesn't fit in the under the seat container at check-in, they force you to pay $50/carry-on. Calgary did not charge us for our bags; however, Winnipeg did, so boom $100+ for 2 carry-ons. The check-in staff were not friendly at all - the flight attendants were. So make very sure you account for all your luggage prior to flight and check-in and add it up (and measure your under seat bags most importantly, the check-in attendants will watch you try to make it fit and then force you to pay the inflated check-in price for overhead carry-on). Apparently, they would prefer all bags are checked-in as luggage ($30/first bag under 50 lbs). It may be cheaper to take another airline. Under the seat dimensions are about as big a a brief case and they enforce this... And, nothing is free, only water! So buy your own beverages/food prior to flight (can of pepsi was $3.00)

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank TrishK_8

Reviewed 15 October 2018

Quick review about Flairair. Trip to Toronto, I literally had ZERO problem with them! Easy to book the ticket, itinerary sent by email instantly. Flights do not include any checked baggage and carry on, can pay separately online (cheapest way). Although, I realized they don't really check the size of your personal bag at the Gate, so I kinda wish I didn't pay for the checked luggage fee as I planned to bring some shopping back.
24 hour prior check in process is the same as AC or WJ, except you just do it in their website instead of an app.
Boarding pass email to you as PDF.
Arrive to airport ah hour and half earlier is more than enough, make sure you check the Gate on the airport dashboard.
Flight seats is just as uncomfortable as AC and WJ. Water with ice is free, everything else food, drinks are pay required, accept VISA and Visa Debit. Bring your own snacks and bottle to fill up water at the gate fountain is the best way.
Over all, no problem and cheap fare. Will flight again within Canada next time if it's $100 cheaper than AC or WJ.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
2  Thank Will C
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

I arrived early. Checked in my luggage. Went and ate breakfast with my parents then went through security. Heard them saying Kelowna. Had to check a screen to find my gate as it wasn’t posted on my pass. Ran to the gate to find out they left without me and 4 others. They never called me once even thou they knew I was in the airport. I paid $270 for a round trip they wanted to charge me $220 just for one way. So if you want to be stranded while your luggage leaves without you go ahead book with flair. I won’t ever again. And oh yeah I work at a airport and have never missed a flight but these guys leave you behind

2  Thank stacy012289
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

The airfare is cheap. But they make up for the loss revenue with unreasonable restrictions. For example, they artificially limit one boarding pass per mobile phone. Seemingly they would like to force customers to waste paper or pay $10 fee to print at counter as they also do not have check-in kiosks.

Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

You expect to pay for extras when dealing with a discount airline; but what is the fee needed upfront to receive customer service. We had a unique situation which could’ve easily been resolved but calling customer service was a joke. They have zero empathy, and don’t expect to speak to the manager making the decisions. They will review your case, and then decide if your case needs a callback. I was actually flabbergasted to hear this. If you ask to speak to a supervisor to hear the reasoning, since when does a successful business model warrant a manager deciding whether or not they wish to speak to a client. We learned a valuable lesson after losing money with flair and will not fly with them ever again; and will blatantly warn family and friends of doing to same.

3  Thank Shan918