“Arrived on time at least!”
Review of SalamAir

Reviewed 31 May 2019

You will find very salty reviews below about a specific situation that was handled unprofessionally by the airline. However my experience was not as bad.

The first leg of my flight got delayed (Salam always do). So ended up reaching Muscat just around the final call of my next flight. The airport was kind enough to transport us all in electrical cars.

We reached the aircraft, engines were still off. Air conditioning was also off!
The shocking look on people’s eyes who’ve been waiting there for at least 30 minutes was really amazing!!!

I also didn’t get my second boarding pass on my first check-in. Guess because they know their “perfectly” functional schedules. If you’re connecting you’ll get your second boarding in Muscat. Probably at the last minute and on the worst seat.

In a nutshell. I wouldn’t use Salam again unless there is absolutely no other option and no possibility to change my plans or even cancel my flight.

If you really have to book this airlines. Be prepared for things like: cash-only payment, change only payable in Omani Dinars, below average cleanliness level, very limited food options, etc.

Some passengers reported asking them to pay extra luggage fees (or reduce their bags) for as low as half KG above weight allowance. However this didn’t happen with me.

Apart from all this: we arrived on time to Alexandria. Even a few minutes ahead!

2  Thank Mohamed B
Write a reviewReviews (189)

Reviewed 18 May 2019

Very Bold attitude. They have written in the ticket that check-in closing 1 hour before. But they are closing before that. Not only me one family they came with luggages and the customer service of Muscat airport didnt helped them. Says Salam airlines already closed. Poor service. Not worth for money.

Reviewed 6 May 2019

I had to take the earliest flight out from Muscat to Sharjah this Saturday(4th May'19). I was kind of skeptical because I haven't heard much of this airlines. I just went for it anyway as it worked out to be really cheap as well. Well, they opened the check-in gate a few mins late, and we took off 10-15 mins later than scheduled which is absolutely normal. We landed 10mins earlier than the landing time. Just carry a sandwich with you and you are good to go. I am glad I didn't read the reviews before booking or else I would have a hard time making my decision to fly with Salam Air.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank jeni w
Reviewed 29 April 2019

Left Dubai on Saturday 13th April on a 2.5 hr delayed flight to Doha via Muscat.

Arrived Muscat to find the connecting flight had departed (it's usually the same aircraft), so you had over 60 pissed off passengers at the service desk requesting information.

We were told we were all rebooked on a flight 13:00 next day, a 14 hour delay with no offer of accommodation or sustenance. Many people had work and meetings the next day so this was not a good option for most

The handling agent at MCT tried to contact Salam Air duty manager (Salah Al Bulushi), but had no response on the telephone, he also asked his colleagues at airport to physically find duty manger and have him come down to transfer desk where we were all waiting. He never dared show his face, but eventually sent an e-mail to handling agent stating "they can buy ticket on any other airline and there ticket be refunded"

I had to purchase a new ticket with Qatar Airways to make my meetings in time.

I went to Salam Air office in Doha to get my refund. Was asked to submit all receipts and my original booking by e-mail which I did.

Refund never received, Salah Al Bulushi said he made a mistake and would not honour refund. Doha ticket office Reservation Supervisor (Niha Fakih) just giving me the run around, not answering questions, asking if I want to cancel my ticket????, now asking me to fill in a feedback form, despite having all the required information.

Last communication was "we can only refund SalamAir utilized portion of the ticket", which I have accepted, I now wait to see if they will honour this or renege on this promise too.

I give one star as it is the lowest rating possible, Tripadvisor does not accept zero stars.

WORST. AIRLINE. EVER.

• Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
3  Thank NickRyder
Reviewed 27 April 2019 via mobile

Poor pathetic Customer Srvuce and no one cares about customers complaints.
The pilot lied to the passengers that Muscat Airport was closed and dropped us at Sohar instead of Seeb.
After hovering in air for one hour and then making passengers seat in plane ober 45 minutes drplaned us while the Muscat Seeb Airport had opened for landings.
Salam Air lied to passengers and continued its journey to Doha.
They did NOT ptoceed to destination Muscat to save their fuel. Lied to save a few dollars and a One Hour Flight resulted in passengers to waste 7 hours.
No one from Salam Air has called up to applogize. They only mentioned its a CHeAP Airline.
Cmon staff atleast use correct language and say Evonomical Airlines. Shame on this airline for treating passengers in this competitive times in such a bad way.
Calamities do happen - But things can be resolved in professional way with professional attitude. You Failed.

Date of travel: April 2019
1  Thank Percy E
US$USD
Ireland
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.