“Easy Flight Out”
Review of SalamAir

Reviewed 6 May 2019

I had to take the earliest flight out from Muscat to Sharjah this Saturday(4th May'19). I was kind of skeptical because I haven't heard much of this airlines. I just went for it anyway as it worked out to be really cheap as well. Well, they opened the check-in gate a few mins late, and we took off 10-15 mins later than scheduled which is absolutely normal. We landed 10mins earlier than the landing time. Just carry a sandwich with you and you are good to go. I am glad I didn't read the reviews before booking or else I would have a hard time making my decision to fly with Salam Air.

Date of travel: May 2019
1  Thank jeni w
Write a reviewReviews (189)

Reviewed 29 April 2019

Left Dubai on Saturday 13th April on a 2.5 hr delayed flight to Doha via Muscat.

Arrived Muscat to find the connecting flight had departed (it's usually the same aircraft), so you had over 60 pissed off passengers at the service desk requesting information.

We were told we were all rebooked on a flight 13:00 next day, a 14 hour delay with no offer of accommodation or sustenance. Many people had work and meetings the next day so this was not a good option for most

The handling agent at MCT tried to contact Salam Air duty manager (Salah Al Bulushi), but had no response on the telephone, he also asked his colleagues at airport to physically find duty manger and have him come down to transfer desk where we were all waiting. He never dared show his face, but eventually sent an e-mail to handling agent stating "they can buy ticket on any other airline and there ticket be refunded"

I had to purchase a new ticket with Qatar Airways to make my meetings in time.

I went to Salam Air office in Doha to get my refund. Was asked to submit all receipts and my original booking by e-mail which I did.

Refund never received, Salah Al Bulushi said he made a mistake and would not honour refund. Doha ticket office Reservation Supervisor (Niha Fakih) just giving me the run around, not answering questions, asking if I want to cancel my ticket????, now asking me to fill in a feedback form, despite having all the required information.

Last communication was "we can only refund SalamAir utilized portion of the ticket", which I have accepted, I now wait to see if they will honour this or renege on this promise too.

I give one star as it is the lowest rating possible, Tripadvisor does not accept zero stars.

WORST. AIRLINE. EVER.

• Food and Beverage
3  Thank NickRyder
Reviewed 27 April 2019 via mobile

Poor pathetic Customer Srvuce and no one cares about customers complaints.
The pilot lied to the passengers that Muscat Airport was closed and dropped us at Sohar instead of Seeb.
After hovering in air for one hour and then making passengers seat in plane ober 45 minutes drplaned us while the Muscat Seeb Airport had opened for landings.
Salam Air lied to passengers and continued its journey to Doha.
They did NOT ptoceed to destination Muscat to save their fuel. Lied to save a few dollars and a One Hour Flight resulted in passengers to waste 7 hours.
No one from Salam Air has called up to applogize. They only mentioned its a CHeAP Airline.
Cmon staff atleast use correct language and say Evonomical Airlines. Shame on this airline for treating passengers in this competitive times in such a bad way.
Calamities do happen - But things can be resolved in professional way with professional attitude. You Failed.

1  Thank Percy E
Reviewed 23 April 2019

On Saturday, 13th April, the flight from dubai to muscat OV-246, on which I was travelling was delayed by almost 2 hours 30 minutes. We enquired from SalamAir dubai airport staff and they assured that the connection to doha (OV-239) will wait since there were almost 65++ passengers.

When we eventually reached Muscat, to our horror, the flight had left. We contacted Swissport staff in transit who did not had a clue to what we were supposed to do. We demanded to speak to SalamAir staff in-charge, but to our horror, NOBODY was available in the airport or on the phone.

Subsequently, we complained to the airport authorities who also tried to contact salamair staff, but no response.

After about an hour or so, the Swissport staff got an email from the airport officer, "Salah Al Bulushi" that passengers will be put on next flight, which was on Sunday afternoon, or reimburse for any flight ticket that we might have to buy.

There was no mention on taking care of passengers whilst they wait for the next flight, where they will be accommodated and worst, still nobody want to speak to the passengers.

The experience was quite distressing, to say the least, and I had to buy Qatar Airways ticket as I could not miss my meetings in the morning.

Next day, on contacting SalamAir, I got response after 3-4 days that they can only refund SalamAir ticket for doha section

This is possibly one of the most unprofessional conduct I have experienced with any airline, and to think that I fly on your airline pretty much every week, is just plain sad. I have no words express my anger at the whole episode.

• Food and Beverage
1  Thank vikas s
Reviewed 21 April 2019 via mobile

The most worst airline ever. Imagine that my amount was deducted (OMR141.750), tickets not issued, over and above, no response from Salam Air customer care until now despite showing all bank transaction proofs after following up for 3 weeks. All this without even traveling. I pity on the passengers !!! This airline will never take off, it’s a curse !!!!!!!

I am sorry to say but I don’t think Salam Air deserves this award due to pathetic customer service. My money of OMR 141.750 has been deducted without tickets being issued and I’m following up for the past 1 month and still no response. The customer Sevice support team only knows how to keep customer waiting for notbless than 35 minutes each time I call (that too from United Arab Emirates). Most pathetic service ever !!!!!!!!!!!!

US$USD
Ireland
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.