“Poor English and cold”
Review of LEVEL

Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

The flight itself was average. There is no food, drink, wifi (the crew is olways sorry for nonfunctional wifi on the specific flight, but you can Buy wifi if you want...) and it was cold.
The service at the gate was not detail-oriented, reassigned our seat numbers but gave us number of people with similar names,didnt even apologize...

Date of travel: September 2018
FlyWithLEVEL, Manager at LEVEL, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Hi Dagmar - thanks for your feedback. We'd like to understand a little bit more of what happened especially the service at the airport. Could you contact us directly please? (details are on our website). Thank you.

Reviewed 28 September 2018

So, was excited to try Level flying direct from Oakland to BCN. Well first thing was that their website didnt work - very buggy. Didnt think much of it. End up booking something after having it fail a few times. I get a confirmation email stating the price, my seats, last 4 of credit card, etc. Okay cool. Ready for our two week trip to Europe.

months pass

Get to airport to check in. THEY CANNOT FIND THE RESERVATION. And mind you I have a confirmation code and the whole shebang. They ask for my ticket number.... of course I am checking in so presumably they would GIVE me that at checkin... Oh no - its supposed to come in a companion email immediately after my confirmation # email, which of course is never explained anywhere. The flight is leaving in 2 hours or so, but no one at the desks at oakland can book a flight since they dont work directly for Level. They give me a phone # to call, which is immediately rerouted to a new phone # that I have to call. Over 10 min on hold later, and I am furious I cannot book, nor get this resolved and on top of this they wont honor my booking price.... Finally get a hold of someone in Spain [HQ for customer service], and I cannot book over the phone since its day of....

Long story short - end up booking on Norwegian last minute and paying through the nose because at this point I never want to give Level a dime....

So if this sounds like your ideal check in procedure, fly Level. If not, Norwegian knows whats up, and can do right by you. Stick with Norwegian is my take away. Level hasn't yet graduated to knowing how an airline works, how to build a website, how to handle billing, or how to check people in.

Date of travel: August 2018
    • Food and Beverage
2  Thank Justin S

Hi Justin, thanks for your feedback. We made some changes to our booking systems, so if you had booked a flight with us before the 17 June 2018, you would have received an email advising on your booking reference number change (this may have gone to your junk folder). We're sorry about this experience and hope you do give us a second chance.

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

I was in Spain for work and as work had organized my ticket I was under the impression I was flying Iberia round trip from New York! I flew Iberia there and it was fine. My first problem arose when I tried to check in for my return and I could not find what airline I was on. The Iberia site said open skies and then another site said MEGA Maldives (which shut in 2017) so I called Iberia and they were also little help. So when I arrived to the airport in Ibiza my flight was on vueling and could not print my connecting ticket from Paris. At this point i still had no idea what airline i was flying. So I had to go to a separate Iberia counter where they told me the company was called LEVEL. Yet still no one could print my ticket! I asked them multiple times if my luggage would go to my final destination and was told it would be. I then had to race through Paris airport go back to a check in counter to final get a ticket and race through security. It was absolute CHAOS when boarding happened and there was no order at all. On top of this you have to pay for everything on the flight water, food, blankets everything! Then icing on the cake we land and I find that they have lost my bag! They also lost 6 other people’s bags on this flight! The woman supposedly helping us, was ZERO help and offered nothing except a number to call. This is a joke of an airline and honestly not worth the hassle. AVOIDD

• Value for money

Hi Nicole - thanks for your review. Unfortunately without knowing more details about your booking, it'll be hard to comment on your experience and would ask you to contact us directly.

Reviewed 27 September 2018

I arrived to the Newark New Jersey airport on September 12 to catch my flight with Level Airline to Paris Orly airport. To my surprise there was no Level Flights at all! The flight was non existent!!! The worst part is that the airline did not even have a counter at the airport, and no staff available to talk to. The airline isn't even operational yet to fly from this airport yet they had confirmed my flight 2 weeks earlier; even assigning me a seat.

They did not even bother sending an email to the clients they sold their tickets to to let them know that they are not operational yet!!! They are a scam of a company.

Their customer service is beyond awful. They reply back to emails in an automatic generic way; completely irrelevant of the question you are asking them. On top of that, they have some of the most ludicrous hours to call them.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY - BOOK WITH ANOTHER AIRLINE IT WILL BE WORTH THE EXTRA MONEY - LEVEL IS A SCAM

1  Thank Adrien G

Hi Adrien - we're really sorry that this happened to you. We notified all customers that we had email addresses for and also let travel agents know that we unfortunately had to cancel the flights. If you are still waiting for a response, please contact us directly (if you booked through a travel agent, you will need to speak to them). Thank you

Reviewed 27 September 2018

I just wanted to let others know our experience with LEVEL should they be contemplating booking this budget carrier for their European trip.
We found the airplane itself to be quite comparable to flying United which is what we flew transatlantic to get to Europe. The leg space felt similar, the seats as well. The food, however, was poor. ICK! The flight was smooth and for me this is such a bonus. I am not saying this is necessarily any credit to LEVEL, but nonetheless, it was nice. The entertainment options were not quite as abundant as United, but they were still nice. I think I read that they are to start charging for this in 2019. That would have been a bummer. I don't think they should charge for that when the flights are so long. The one thing I will say was a total annoyance to me was their website. When going on their site to confirm seats, etc., I would often find the site would crash. I also found it quite confusing why sometimes I could log into LEVEL's site, but other times only Iberia's. They really need to work through the issues here because it leaves the customer feeling a little nervous about the entire company. That is why I titled my review better than expected because, based on the website, I was expecting issues. Fortunately, everything went very well.

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Hi, thank you for your feedback. With regards to catering, we're looking into making some improvements in our food and drink offering from/to Barcelona. Our team is also working on making some changes to our website to improve the experience. We're owned by IAG (International Airlines Group) which also owns British Airways, Iberia, Aer Lingus, Vueling and Avios so hopefully that reassures you.