We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

“December holiday flight one way”
Review of FlySafair


Reviewed 22 February 2018

Very expensive based on peak season demand however the flight had seats open. So justifying the very expensive prices based on supply and demand does not hold water. When we landed there was confusion about which baggage terminal to use and halfway through they switched off the belt and you had to walk all over to get your luggage. On retrieving our luggage our main bag was completely destroyed.
As this was peak season there was no one at the Safair damaged goods to assist with the reporting of the damaged luggage. After nearly an hour we were assisted by the same person who was operating the luggage conveyor belt. I do understand that ACSA manages the airport but surely they can have staff that can assist???????

    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Cleanliness
    • Legroom
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank LES S
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Write a ReviewReviews (441)
Traveller rating
Traveller type
Time of year
Language

153 - 157 of 441 reviews

Reviewed 21 February 2018

Always a pleasure flying our smaller airline fleets in SA. Lovely and friendly service. Yes, no bells and whistles but you can take your own

    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Cleanliness
    • Legroom
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank Andrew H
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Reviewed 21 February 2018

Efficient online portal for bookings.
Friendly check-in staff and great cabin attendants.
The plane was clean and boarding was on time.
This is a welcome new route that Safair are now offering clients.
Pricing very competitive.
Overall a very pleasant experience for a budget airline!

    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Cleanliness
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
Thank Greg_Kappers
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Reviewed 20 February 2018

Nice and on time flight. No frills, no fuss. In addition Safair regularly offers real opportunities on pre-booking and Cheap flights.

    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Cleanliness
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Thank einesweetie
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Reviewed 19 February 2018

Does what it says on the package an efficient commuter service at the most affordable price. We had a "system down" problem on the return flight which, as true South Africans 90% took as a bit of excitement and co-operated with the staff. Unfortunately the other 10 % blamed everybody for the problem from the airline to the government. No one ever died from boredom in africa.

    • Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Cleanliness
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Thank James E
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC