“Above and beyond customer service”
Review of Island Air

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

I can not thank the staff at island air enough for the wonderful service we received today!!
Firstly we arrived for our flight to discover we needed our passports even though it was a domestic flight. We had left them at our hotel in Waikiki so had to return to get them. The staff changed us to the next flight at no charge.
The flights was pleasant and we enjoyed our day in Maui. We were returning the same day on the last flight as we were just visiting friends.
We were running a little late for the flight back and were rushing to get through security when we discovered that one of our boarding passes was wrong we actually had 2 for honolulu to Maui and not the return pass. Run to the desk and it was already closed. Thankfully we saw a staff member walking through the departure desk area and she was wonderful. Held the flight, printed the correct boarding pass and we made the flight. Flight crew were very apologetic and looked after us giving us water as we had run from one end of the airport to the other to make it. All the staff we encountered today went above and beyond to look after us and it's greatly appreciated. I would not hesitate to fly with them again.

There are newer reviews for Island Air

Reviewed 2 August 2017

At first, I was slightly weary about booking a flight with them because the reviews were half and half. But, I gotta say, I'm sure glad I took the chance. I was pleasantly surprised and extremely satisfied. I had compared Island Air to Hawaiian Airlines and found the latter to be double the price.

Yes, they do have a 16 lb. luggage restriction, but that's their regulation. I'm thinking it may have to do with fact they use smaller planes (64 passengers)? Anyway, I found the staff to be pleasant and professional. We got lucky and flew on a brand new plane, only four months old.

I recommend this airline.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

If I could give them 0 stars I would have. Their baggage requirements are totally ridiculous. A carry on has to be less than 16 pounds. My 8 year old's suitcase had to be half full for it to weigh 16 pounds. The customer service was the worse I have ever dealt with. They were very rude and do not care about their customers. I will NEVER fly on this airline again. I definitely would never recommend this Island Air to anyone.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

1 cancelled flight. Rebooked on wrong flight for no apparent reason. Long hold time to correct. Then 2 delayed flights in one day. One lost bag (so far) and unapologetic checkin agents that lie to you. Thanks for ruining our day

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Still on my return trip home on a major airline wishing I was on Island Air! The service was great and the planes comfortable. Keep up the good work!