“Late, inconsistent, poor service”
Review of TAME Vuela Ecuador

Reviewed 11 December 2017

My wife and I both had carry-on bags, within size limits and weight limits (17.6 pounds, 8 Kg limit). Because we we checking in at the same time, they said I couldn't take my carry-on with me and had to check it. After a mild protest, I gave them the bag. I didn't want a problem when I knew they had the power. The flight was OK. It's only 30 minutes so service was not expected. What was unexpected was the landing. We came in too fast and had to pull up and try again. They announced that it was a weather problem but it was dry and calm. Just pilot error.
I will fly with TAME only if I have to. Sometimes they are the only option.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

Better than expected on such a short flight, no food or beverage service, but on time and bags arrived!

Reviewed 4 December 2017

leg room bad. tray table didn't work properly.seat in front of me when tilted back was in my lap.Information/instructions were primarily in Spanish with no English translation.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

I've flown TAME a handful of times and have always had a good experience. The flights have always left on time, one still gets free bags (imagine!), and if you can book far enough in advance, good deals are available. The planes are a bit older, but for me that's no big deal; in fact, with the Barbie plastic seats in many updated planes now, I like the older planes. The ground and air crew employees were also very professional. The only reason they don't get 5 stars is that they did once cancel my flight and I didn't get the notice. Luckily I found out about it, but it was only by chance. However, I would definitely fly with them again and still recommend this airline.

Reviewed 1 December 2017

Do not expect to have any reliable service with TAME Ecuador. We booked a flight from Loja to Guayaquil and our flight was cancelled two hours before the flight. No notification or any good reason why the flight was cancelled. As a result, 42 passengers were put on buses to endure the seven hour bus ride to GYE in the late afternoon. No bathroom stops at all and only chips and juice fro a snack. I was so sick from nausea from the constant motion for the first four hours. Couldn't use the bathroom on the bus, because who knows if it even worked. On top of all this, no response from the airline. TAME is really ruining tourism in Ecuador.

2  Thank karionbiking