“New planes, nice staff, and actually on time”
Review of Cambodia Angkor Air

Reviewed 23 November 2016

Nice airline. While seat pitch was a little tight, for a short flight from Siem Reap, Cambodia, to Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam they were great. Due to the length of the flight, only water was passed out, but flight crew was very good with a packed airplane, answering questions in many languages, and handling boarding and deplaning quite well.

The airplane we flew aboard was a brand new a321 airbus, and didn't have as much as a dust spec apparent during our flight. As the ticket counter and boarding reps went, it was quick, efficient, and done with a smile. It was an all good encounter with the bags arriving when we did, the flight being a little early, and a nice experience overall.

I'd fly em' again should the need arise.

• Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
2  Thank Steve J

Reviewed 22 November 2016

The flight left on time, staff were polite. It was a very short flight. We were given a bottle of water. Nothing wrong with my experience.

Reviewed 20 November 2016

Only took one flight with these guys but the experience can be summarised as;

Website - functional and easy.

Check in - Super easy.

Customer service - Well it was a very short flight but no complaints. Then again they didn't have to do much apart from sit us down!

Flight - A tricky one as you can hardly blame airlines for weather and turbulence which could make a flight unpleasant. I can say however that it was great to look down and see Tonle Sap on this flight which was so short there was never much altitude gained. Bonus scenic flight!

Baggage/exit - Nil issues. Remember it is a bit of a drive from Sihanoukville airport to the town itself and there weren't many taxis around. But that's not the airlines fault!

Overall I'd fly with these guys again without hesitation. Now all that remains is to figure out how soon I can get to Cambodia again....

• Seat comfort
    • Legroom
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
2  Thank Paul L
Reviewed 18 November 2016 via mobile

I flew twice with this airline over the course of 3 days and both of the flights were delayed 2 and 4 hours. When I checked in for my flights, I was not in the system. Had I not had a confirmation, I would not have been able to fly. Additionally, they overbooked one flight and asked if I would take the next flight (with 2 hour delay already!) The 2nd flight was originally scheduled to leave at 9:20 pm. As I write my review now, the flight is scheduled to leave at 1:20 am, delay due to "flight rotation" ... whatever the hell that means. Sounds like poor planning to me. Let's hope they don't cancel it. As it is, my last day of holiday is already going to be ruined tomorrow with only having a few hours of sleep. Angora Air sucks!

2  Thank MichelleM10548
Reviewed 16 November 2016 via mobile

Hi all,
Cambodia Angkor air is the worst airline I've ever tried to fly with. We booked a flight to siem reap but the guys at the counter said we would not be in their system and would not have booked anything. Although we showed a confirmation of the booking and payment process of our flight!!! This problem could have been solved.. maybe... if the airline would not have had overbooked your flight, so that many people could not get in and now have to take the flight 4 h later!! While figuring out the problem the staff was outrageous and rude. As if it would be our fault when they can't handle their system. Non existing problem solving or stress handling abilities.
We waited 2 h at the check in counter and in the end we had to book a new flight. Now these guys will charge us twice probably. It really looks like no one has a clue how to use the system...

After the two hour wait to try and get a reply to our problem (with many other helpless passengers) the staff at the counter called their manager or supervisor, who should come in a minute, however, seconds later the counter closed. The staff went and no one came!!!! We waited and waited and waited. And no one showed up to help!!! Incredible.

The problem is that everyone who wants to get to Angkor wat quickly needs to book with you. A shame. They are taking advantage of the monopolistic position.
Even the price is ridiculous! USD 337 for 2 ppl. And a 1 h flight! And then such a horrible "service"

I will recommend everyone avoid this airline in the future, there is a connecting flight which is only marginally longer. This airline ALWAYS overbook their flights and people will be delayed!

3  Thank _claraletta