“recommended”
Review of LATAM Airlines

Reviewed 7 May 2019

I travelled to madrid roundtrip. Going there we were a little delayed on our first flight, but they made the conection flight wait for us (there were a few of us taking the second flight). Coming back to argentina, the last flight was cancelled due to a strike in buenos aires, so the airline changed my reservation (i would have liked to travel the next day, but had to wait 2 days in the conection city). The entertainment and the food on board was good, the crew was correct.

• Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (39,655)

Reviewed 7 May 2019

We bought the air tickets 3 months in advance and were glad that we got them at a reasonable price. However, the strange thing was we were not given an option to purchase our check-in baggage. It was indicated "buy at check-in". The cost of baggage then was indicated as US$16 up to 23KG. At the airport, we were shocked to be asked to pay US$25 per person per check-in baggage. When we asked the reason for the price difference, we were told the lower price was meant for those who bought more than 6 hours before check in. In the midst of our travelling, who would have thought of buying the check-in baggage before hand? Why were we not given the option to purchase when we first bought our air tickets?

Reviewed 7 May 2019

Great airline to fly with, all flights on time no delays, no lost bagged, friendly in-flight crew, would differently fly again.

Date of travel: February 2019
Reviewed 6 May 2019

We have been travelling since January and have flown with multiple airlines but I must say this one is by far the best. I ran into some difficulty having lost my passport in AUS and getting a new one which unfortunately didn't correspond with my VISA. Connie at the front desk went above and beyond for me to get me on the flight. I would really like to emphasize how kind she was because there are a lot of agents who would have turned me away without another thought.
The plane itself was comfortable and had enough leg room (Hubby FINALLY happy with me!) and the in flight entertainment was also fab.
Would definitely fly again :)

Date of travel: March 2019
Reviewed 6 May 2019

As long as you don't run into any problems, LATAM was fine. However, watch-out if you have any issues!

Was given a boarding pass with a gate number. Went to the gate and was told that the flight wasn't yet boarding. 30 min later, checked again with the gate and was told that the flight had changed gates (nothing was announced) and when I went to the new gate, flight had already boarded and gate was closed.

Had to fight with them to get placed on another flight.

When I went to the seat that I HAD PAID TO UPGRADE TO, was already taken by someone else.

Would never fly on LATAM again!

2  Thank Road2me
US$USD
Ireland
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.