We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Budapest to Strbske Pleso

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
4 posts
Travel from Budapest to Strbske Pleso
Save

I am traveling to Budapest later this month from where I intent to travel by train to Strbske Pleso to spend a couple of days before traveling back to Budapest. Most train timings I've seen this far have journeys in excess of 8-9 hours with numerous connections. I would appreciate if anyone can provide recommendations on easier / quicker options to travel between the two places by train.

1 reply
Perth, WA
Level Contributor
416 posts
19 reviews
8 helpful votes
1. Re: Travel from Budapest to Strbske Pleso
Save

I've never been to Strbske Pleso myself but I've traveled from the High Tatras to Budapest before. The easiest/quickest way was to get a bus/train to Poprad then change to a train to Kosice, then change to another train to Budapest. There is no quicker way unfortunately.

As far as I am aware the two ways to get from Slovakia to Budapest are from the west (from Bratislava) or from the east (from Kosice). You can't go straight 'down' or south from Poprad area.

It takes a while to travel to/from the Tatras from anywhere outside of the country really. To me though that's part of its appeal. :-)

There are a few rare flights from Poprad airport. Maybe check skyscanner and see if they go anywhere near where you need to get to.

Edited: 6 years ago
Reply to: Travel from Budapest to Strbske Pleso
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.