We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Infinity Bay Resort

Level Contributor
28 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Infinity Bay Resort

Be beware! My wife and I have been coming to Roatan for a number of years. We are currenty staying on the island for six months. Infinity Bay Resort has recently begun contruction of a new restaurant and spa. I also believe that they have begun work on additional condos just to the west of their current location. This is a major project that will continue for the next year or so. Expect noise and contruction activity.

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,074 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Infinity Bay Resort

Sure enough, they are workin in "the pit" :)

Level Contributor
28 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Infinity Bay Resort

Yes they are. Large crews and multiple concrete trucks at times. They have been struggling with the weather. The "pit" was flooded during a recent rain. There was flooding and erosion around the property. A part of the stone wall to the rear of the property that holds the whole hill back, recently collapsed.

Pataskala, OH
Level Contributor
127 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Infinity Bay Resort

Where on the property is the "pit" located? Our unit is next to the pool and when I called the resort they said construction noise wouldn't be an issue for us........

Level Contributor
28 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Infinity Bay Resort

The "pit" is seperated from the pool by a lawn area and is toward the back between the two rows of buildings but below the parking lot.

Edited: 25 February 2011, 20:56
I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,074 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Infinity Bay Resort

I have never stayed at Infinity but I have walked through many times. I thought the pool was in the middle with all the units on either side from the beach to the road.

My guess would be the closer to the beach you are the better off you are..hmm except if they are working to the west close to the beach... Is there some sort of identification on the units? If so tell me what unit you are in and I will trot down tomorrow and have a look see.

Pataskala, OH
Level Contributor
127 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Infinity Bay Resort

Hi, NBN --- I have never been to IB or Roatan but judging from pictures I have seen from the patio, it looks like we are located in the middle of the pool area... as long as I have a little area between the pool and the "pit" I will be fine! I think they are building Phase 2 now...not sure.

I have nightmares when I hear about construction noise. We stayed in a beautiful home in Dominical, Costa Rica a few years ago and found out the morning after we arrived that they were building an solarium addition to the home next door. They were grinding rebar from 6:00 in the morning until sunset every day....it was terrible! All the monkeys and birds took off and we couldn't even hear each other talk in the pool over the sound of grinding metal. It can't be that bad!! I plan on being in the ocean or exploring the island most of the time.....

Arriving March 5th for 8 fabulous days.... if you do a walk by, ask for Lori and I will buy you a drink!

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,074 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Infinity Bay Resort

I understand, one year I was down the construction noise was so bad at the East End of West Bay I walked (30minutes) often to Luna Beach Resort, that place is beyond quiet in the the middle of the day.

This didn't help me with the noise until 11pm or after most nights but at least I avoided it during my book reading time.

I have since learned ear plugs can be one's friend.

Thanks, I may just do that, I don't have to be back in the states til March 17th.

Roatan, Honduras
Level Contributor
624 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Infinity Bay Resort

Well it is about time ! IB has been promising a restaurant/spa for many years now, and even though they started a year and a half ago, it was an open pit for more than a year. This is located at the far end of IB (beside parking lot) so most noise, dirt etc. should not be an issue, plus they don't work 24 hours a day, just the normal business hours. It shoud not be a hindrance in anyones vacation.

Edited: 26 February 2011, 13:12
Toronto
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Infinity Bay Resort

Construction certainly didn't impact my recent stay. The area is completely fenced off and unless you're sleeping in the parking lot it's hard to image a great deal of disruption. It's to be a conference center, reception and five-star restaurant. Expectations are that it'll be wrapped up by year end.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Infinity Bay Resort

We were there January 31st - February 7th staying in the middle of the resort. We never heard a sound from the construction..... Something that was neat though was seeing a guy pushing a wheel barrel full of coconuts that he had just cut down...he was throwing them to any workers that were thirsty...kind of like a "Coke" break but with fresh coconut milk instead.

Get answers to your questions about West Bay