We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to get from virpazar to petrovac?

Budapest, Hungary
6 posts
Save Topic
how to get from virpazar to petrovac?

hello!

me and my boyfriend are visiting montenegro in july. we will stay one night in virpazar, and then the next afternoon we plan to head towards petrovac. my question is: what is the easiest way to get from virpazar to petrovac? are there buses between the two places? or we should get a train to bar and then get a bus to petrovac? i found the train schedule to bar, but i couldn't find information on buses from bar to petrovac. how frequently and until what time the buses are running?

thank you!!

csönge

Fat Boys Kafana
€€ - €€€, Seafood, Fast food, Mediterranean
Restaurant Giardino
€€ - €€€, Seafood, Mediterranean, European
RESTAURANT ''FORTUNA'' PETROVAC
€€ - €€€, Seafood, Mediterranean, European
4 replies to this topic
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
19,232 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how to get from virpazar to petrovac?

I honestly just would get a driver, It should be around €50 for the trip before dealing with train or bus. Public transportation in Montenegro is actually pretty good and cheap. But considering having your luggage with you and taking a train, waiting for a bus, just take a driver, it is a vacation, you do not want stress or waste a day waiting at a bus station.

Mentioned in this post
Harrogate
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: how to get from virpazar to petrovac?

I can't say how frequent the service is but I'm pretty sure you can catch a bus from Virpazar to Petrovac. I've also taken a bus from Bar (just outside the train station) to Petrovac. Again I'm not sure of the timetable but I was only waiting for about 10 minutes and it cost maybe 2 Euros.

Mentioned in this post
Petrovac
Petrovac
Budva Municipality, Montenegro
Podgorica...
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: how to get from virpazar to petrovac?

I dont think there is a direct line from Virpazar to Budva (Petrovac).

You can check the options here: https://busticket4.me/EN

You could take the train to Sutomore (10 min) and bus from Sutomore to Petrovac (20min).

Taxi is a good option too. If you can schedule the ride with one of the companies from Podgorica, it should be less than 30€

Mentioned in this post
Budva
Budva
Petrovac
Petrovac
Sutomore
Sutomore
Bar Municipality, Montenegro
Podgorica
Podgorica
Podgorica Municipality, Montenegro
Budapest, Hungary
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: how to get from virpazar to petrovac?

thank you all for the informations! train to sutomare and bus from there seems a great option (we prefer public transport over taxis:).

Reply to: how to get from virpazar to petrovac?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Petrovac
Recent Conversations