We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July and August Weather/airports

1 post
Save Topic
July and August Weather/airports

Good evening,

My wife and I talking about making a trip to the Island next summer. What's the weather like? We're from Texas so, heat isn't a problem but, how cold is it? Do we need to bring hoodies and stuff?

Also, what airport would we land at? We'll be leaving from either DFW or Love Field.

Thanks,

Justin

2 replies to this topic
Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
6,376 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: July and August Weather/airports

One would fly into Bangor, Maine to visit Mount Desert Island/Acadia National Park/Bar Harbor. It's a bit over an hour's drive from Bangor to Bar Harbor. One could also fly into Portland, Maine which is about a three hour drive to Bar Harbor.

The weather in July and August generally sees highs in the 70s to low 80 and nights in the 60s.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park
Level Contributor
3,886 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: July and August Weather/airports

I agree with the first post. Given that you are more accustomed to hot weather, if you plan on things like watching sunrise from Cadillac summit (or sunset from about the same place) or taking one of the boat tours, a light hoodie or windbreaker would be a good idea.

Reply to: July and August Weather/airports
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mount Desert Island