We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A new koh sichang thread

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,527 posts
6 reviews
A new koh sichang thread

Since there hasn't been one for a few years. I don't understand why more foreigners don't go there. Thais too actually. When you think how many go to koh larn and samet. And this is closer.

From bangkok get the bus from ekkamai to sri racha. From pattaya get a minivan to sriracha. From sri racha get a tuk tuk to the pier, 60 baht, or walk. Ferry is 50 baht, 60 baht if last ferry.

The island is really pretty. The beaches are very small, but they're swimable and do the job. There are a lot of quiet little tracks all over the place and exploring on a motorbike is a good option. Bicycles can be rented near Charlie's bungalows, in a side street about 100m before. 120 baht for a day. Hilly island, motorbike recommended.

Accommodation is really expensive relative to other Thai islands. I'm really not sure why.

Its so easily done as a daytrip from bkk so you don't have to stay necessarily. Boats are convenient for daytrippers with the last boat back to sri racha leaving 7pm.

From sri racha back to bkk you can get a minivan outside Robinson's, or the bus from the bus station next to tukcom.

A really good alternative to the usual daytrips like kanchanaburi and khao yai and Ayutthaya.

3 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,747 posts
156 reviews
1. Re: A new koh sichang thread

I went to Si Chang, it's quite nice but very few beaches and you will need some sort of transport. I found the room prices to be high compared to other islands. 120 baht for bicycle, that's expensive. We got them free from where we were staying. Yes it is quite hilly. On the east side there quite a few oil tankers, it was quite industrial which I was not expecting. I guess many people go for the beaches.

Edited: 16 March 2018, 15:02
Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,775 posts
38 reviews
2. Re: A new koh sichang thread

Yes we went about six years ago for two nights around the Kings birthday. Hired a motor bike for around 200 Baht no traffic whatsoever on the island. A big Chinese temple on a hill one side of the island and a very old royal palace on the other side. There was an aquatic museum as well somewhere in the middle. On an evening a little boring as no bars and just one nice restaurant to go to. Its ok to explore daytime, so maybe stay for one or two nights. The views are pretty bad as you look towards Sri Racha and Laem Chabang very industrial. There's one half decent beach on the other side of the island to the boat pier.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,527 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: A new koh sichang thread

I found the views quite nice actually, all the tankers and barges, they add a bit of colour to the landscape. Suppose if you were going specifically for a beach holiday and the generic beach selfies and saw that it might not be so nice.

That aquarium is closed at the moment; think they're refurbishing it.

Reply to: A new koh sichang thread
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ko Si Chang