We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monte do Zambujeiro

Nijmegen, The...
7 posts
Monte do Zambujeiro
Save

Hi, my wife, two boys 14 and 12 will be spending two weeks in July nr Vila Nova de Milfontes at a group of apartments called "Monte do Zambujeiro". Has anyone on the forum stayed there and if so and tips useful info would be much appreciated. Further, I am thinking of buying my boys shorty wetsuits so that they can stay in the sea longer, as I understand it can be pretty chilly - is this necessary. Is it possible to buy/rent bodyboards in the town?

Any tips on anything related would be most helpful

Thanks

Andy

PS Any good day trips - we will have a hire car?

6 replies to this topic
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
73,667 posts
66 reviews
67 helpful votes
1. Re: Monte do Zambujeiro
Save

It's the Atlantic Ocean of course and a wetsuit is not a bad idea if they are going to spend a long time in the water,

Sea temperature at the moment is 19C, 1.5 - 2 metre swell. http://www.ipma.pt/en/otempo/prev.localidade/?localID=15&cidadeID=20 - Sines is the nearest town with a weather station.

Sorry I don't know if you can rent bodyboards etc but I would be surprised if not.

Edited: 6 years ago
Nijmegen, The...
7 posts
2. Re: Monte do Zambujeiro
Save

Many thanks. 19 degrees is not too bad and I guess the sea temp will not warm up much until late August?

Nijmegen, The...
7 posts
3. Re: Monte do Zambujeiro
Save

Just found the reviews on this site so perhaps my questions will be answered there!

Valverde del...
Level Contributor
123 posts
4. Re: Monte do Zambujeiro
Save

You can go to Zambujeira, Porto Covo, Samouqueira, Odeceixe, even Carrapateira (one of my favourite beaches around)..

Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,070 posts
5. Re: Monte do Zambujeiro
Save

You can rent body boards as well as wetsuits in town. One of the shops: CCboardcenter.

For more information about the Alentejo coast:

http://www.visitalentejo.pt/en/alentejo/experience/the-alentejan-coast/

Have a nice holiday!

Belgium
Level Contributor
1,470 posts
96 reviews
59 helpful votes
6. Re: Monte do Zambujeiro
Save

I think Monte de zambugeiro is situated the other side of the bridge (from vila nova de mil fontes).Near of rio mira but about 5 km of the beach

I think that in july there a boat service crossing the river to V.N.M.

The beach is nice and wild but apart from some beach bars there is isolated.It looks that you almost need the car to go to the beach

Reply to: Monte do Zambujeiro
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Vila Nova de Milfontes
Recent Conversations
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.