We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

December restaurants open

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
200 posts
35 reviews
16 helpful votes
December restaurants open
Save

We are staying two nights in Vila Nova de Milfontes right after Christmas. I am having a hard time finding information about restaurant openings on Wednesday, December 26. I think this is a tricky date because it’s a Wednesday, which many places are closed, but also because it is the day after Christmas! Would anyone have insights about the following restaurants? Choupana, Tasca do Celso, A Fateixa, Mil Take Away and Pao Cafe? I have tried messaging directly but haven’t heard back. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated as well! Bella Pizza and Restaurante Porto Das Barajas are both open the 27th so we are set there!

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
33,523 posts
61 reviews
55 helpful votes
1. Re: December restaurants open
Save

I think this is a tricky date because it’s a Wednesday, which many places are closed, but also because it is the day after Christmas! There's no reason for wednesday to be a tricky day, it's Monday the more traditional closing day. And December 26th is a regular working day in Portugal.

You'll find restaurants open in Milfontes, but don't try to do it online... go there once there. It's not a resort it's a small town that receive some tourists, not for Christmas but for new year, so you'll find a couple of restaurants open.

Of course that for some December is their holiday month, the town has "mainly" those living and working there so it's a good time to close for some rest.

Edited: 3 years ago
2. Re: December restaurants open

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Vila Nova de Milfontes
Recent Conversations
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.