We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking in Vila de Milfontes?

Charlottetown...
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
2 helpful votes
Parking in Vila de Milfontes?
Save

After the majority of our stay in Portugul, from Porto to Aveiro to Nazare and Lisbon, we are travelling via bus and train. Once departing Lisbon we are treating ourselves and renting a car for a few days. Our first stop is this beautiful village of Vila de Milfontes and we booked into a sweet little place called Casazul Milfontes for one night. We now see there is no parking.

Does anyone know if there is street parking in this village?

5 replies to this topic
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
74,529 posts
66 reviews
67 helpful votes
1. Re: Parking in Vila de Milfontes?
Save

I have passed through it only twice (on a bus) and saw plenty of places to park. It might be a little more difficult in summer (my trip was in February) but if you look at the Google maps satellite view of that area at https://goo.gl/maps/uRcT3ga1bRk you will see cars parked on nearby streets. You might have to check with the owners whether it's for residents only. If it is, scroll down that view a bit. You will see a big building which is the local sports hall which has off street parking by the look of it and a bit to left is a square with obvious off street parking.

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
33,523 posts
61 reviews
55 helpful votes
2. Re: Parking in Vila de Milfontes?
Save

It's all street parking... but Casa Azul is 4kms away from Milfontes (in Alagoachos).

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
74,529 posts
66 reviews
67 helpful votes
3. Re: Parking in Vila de Milfontes?
Save

Ah! I didn't measure the distance but if OP wishes to drive into the town itself, and they are going in summer, the difficulty of parking may present itself.

Charlottetown...
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
2 helpful votes
4. Re: Parking in Vila de Milfontes?
Save

We are going in early February, so I imagine the parking will not be busy.

Thank you for your quick response!

Charlottetown...
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
2 helpful votes
5. Re: Parking in Vila de Milfontes?
Save

We parked on the street as Casa Azul was in a residental neighborhood outside of the town core.

Reply to: Parking in Vila de Milfontes?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Vila Nova de Milfontes
Recent Conversations
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.