We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best weather to go

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
114 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Best weather to go

Planning to go Diani beach probably Southern Palms. But not sure when, love the heat and don't want to go in rainy season, was thinking maybe July or oct. also want to do a 3/4 nt safari so wanted to know if its chilly all year round morn/evening.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best weather to go

Jan, Feb, March are hottest months, with Jan and Feb having less rain.

Oct is hotter than July, both have around the same amount of rain usually which is not usually much.

Edited: 11 August 2013, 17:49
Killenaule...
Level Contributor
138 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best weather to go

yeh i been dianni at different times of year, usually the ocean gets a bit rougher other wise i would never worry about anything,,.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
114 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best weather to go

Thanks for the tips.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best weather to go

My husband and I have been out to Southern Palms many times and different times of the year.

I used to go end of December and although a sun lover found it very hot.

The best months for us personally have been Mid May, September and start of October.

You may have the odd shower but it dries quickly and the sun soon comes out again.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
114 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best weather to go

Great don't mind those showers that dry up quick, think we'll prob book for oct then! Thanks

Killenaule...
Level Contributor
138 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best weather to go

if i remember correctly the evenings are shorter,,,,,,enjoy your self,,,,,,if you takign the ferry its better go by taxi,,,,,,,,,

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,873 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best weather to go

Actually sunrise and sunset only varies by 20 to 30 minutes throughout the year, so I doubt you would notice any difference (though locally October is regarded as the end of winter)

8. Re: Best weather to go

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Diani Beach
Recent Conversations