We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UPgrade at Baobab

Boston, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
UPgrade at Baobab

Can anyone tell me about upgrading.......We are booked to go to the Baobab in September. I hear the resort is 3 hotels in one. Everyone seems to talk about upgrading to the Maridadi or Kole Kole. I wasnt even aware or offered the 2 alternatives spoken about. Is it worth upgrading, will there be a chance to on arrival and how much would it cost? Am i right in thinking we can use all the facilities in all three of the hotels? We are booked on the Big 5 with thomsons and suddenly feel like we havent been given all the information. This is a "one off" holiday for our 38th wedding Anniversary and so we wanted to have the best experience posssible. Would be grateful for anybody who has any information on this.

Boston, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: UPgrade at Baobab

Thanks again Wendi. We have been told our hand luggage has to go into safari bags on the flight from Mombassa to Nairobi (so its weighed) in with luggage!!!!!!!!! because of the lack of space on the flight. Only small bag for camera allowed (whatever that means),my husband has camera gear that will take up most of the 5kg hand baggage allowance. The Thomson reps dont seem to want to commit themselves to anything deffinate in case we get told we have to pay extra for the 5kg hand luggage. This is what is driving me mad as it seems everyone seems to say different. We were also told no hard cases for safari because of lack of space in the land rovers!!!!! I,m confussed as to know what is right or wrong. Anyway, you have obviously done this before so might go with what you said. Do you take Dollars for entry/exit Visas too. Dont realy want to change £ to $ if its not necessary.

Ilford, United...
Level Contributor
400 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: UPgrade at Baobab

Hi Ripple

Unless they (Kenya Airways) have changed the rules our rucksacks came in the cabin with us as hand luggage and our small suitcase went in the hold, although I do usually have a bumbag that I wear with purse type stuff in it or stuff it in my rucksack.

As for the safari bag itself a soft bag is preferable but we have never had a problem with our case for safari as it just goes at the bottom and all the soft bags get piled on top! LOL! Guess there could be a problem if everyone did that though...fingers crossed we'll be ok again this year cos that's what we've got ;-)

I get our entry visas up front before we go and get the dollars out specifically for the exit tax

Boston, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: UPgrade at Baobab

ok thanks again Wendi.

Riberac, France
Level Contributor
219 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: UPgrade at Baobab

Question to Saagars, you said you go every year, I am going on the 11th November ,and have arranged a safari with a local guy recommended on trip adviser, surely I wouldn't have to leave my room, or do should I tell them we are not going to be around for 3 days for security.

Also I have booked a Superior room, do you really think a upgrade is nesesery as all the rooms look lovely, and reading some posts, a lot of people have been upgraded for free

Another question what, would we need to pay for, we are all inclusive is there naything we would need money for, and is there a cas point?

wyberton
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: UPgrade at Baobab

Hi there Wendy. Guessing your home after your holiday. Hope you had a great time. Any updates or info you can tell me about anything. Its just 2 weeks till we go now so any insights would be great.

Ilford, United...
Level Contributor
400 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: UPgrade at Baobab

Just got home today - will post a full update/report tomorrow once I've had some sleepszzzzzzz

17. Re: UPgrade at Baobab

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2014, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Diani Beach
Recent Conversations