We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

baobab sun beds

uk
Level Contributor
144 posts
8 reviews
baobab sun beds

Hi going in September are there sun beds on the beach? Also does anyone know if the Baobab superior rooms used by Thomsons are all in the Maridadi wing please?

Ilford, United...
Level Contributor
400 posts
54 reviews
1. Re: baobab sun beds

Hiya, the sunbeds are around the pools and lawn areas but I think you can take them down on to the beach if you want...I seem to remember seeing a couple down in the beach before

Not sure about the superior rooms used by Thomson though, I know they have had rooms in the Kole Kole section before. We have a superior room in Baobab section booked but will look to upgrade when we get there

When in September do you go? We're on safari first week then going to the hotel 1st Sept (our 3rd stay)

rochester
Level Contributor
515 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: baobab sun beds

Hi Wendy,

we are going to Baobab in M arch.Do you think it is cheaper to upgrade when you get there as we also are staying in the normal Baobab rooms.

Thankyou,Chris.

p.s. any other tips would be most grateful.;)

Ilford, United...
Level Contributor
400 posts
54 reviews
3. Re: baobab sun beds

We've not done the upgrade on arrival before as have always managed to book the room we wanted but have contacted the hotel and I seem to recall it was something like €15pppn, so am pretty sure it is cheaper to do it on arrival although I'm worried as Aug/Sep when we arrive will be high season, that said March will probably be quieter so you should have no problem

Are you looking for any info in particular?

rochester
Level Contributor
515 posts
17 reviews
4. Re: baobab sun beds

Hi Wendy,

thanks,just tips on the safaris.I have read some of the reviews.Such as,taking a bag for 3 day safari,was told 15kg,presume thats for both of us(plenty).Do they provide binoculars and any other tips.

Sorry if I'm sounding a bit of a nerd!,lol,first timer.

Thanks.

Ilford, United...
Level Contributor
400 posts
54 reviews
5. Re: baobab sun beds

No prob Chris

Are you doing a Thomson safari or booking independently? Either way the 15kg weigh limit will be for the internal flights if you have them...e.g. we land on 25/8 in Mombasa then fly back out the same day to Nairobi to start our week long safari so our weight limit is 15kg each although we are getting better at packing light but the suitcase with our beach hotel clothes will go to the hotel to wait for us to get back. If you're doing a three day safari weight shouldn't be too much of a problem. They recommend using small soft holdalls as they fit better in the luggage space of the vans but tbh hubby and I share a small suitcase which because it is harder/bigger just gets put on the bottom and all the soft ones go on top! Another tip is to pack for three days...one to wear, one to wash and one to wear while waiting for the wash to come back next day.

The drivers do tend to have binos in the vans, the drivers we've had in the past will happily let you have a look with them if you do have any, I think we let our driver borrow ours last time as he'd forgotten to pack his DOH!

Remember a light jacket/fleece on safari as the early morning/late afternoon drives can be a bit cool, especially when the roof is still up. Do you know which parks you will be visiting?

Take some baby wipes/hand gel as some of the loo stops between parks might be "point'n'shoots" and although usually clean can be a bit unsettling when first using them. The drivers tend only to stop at places that are maintained to a reasonable standard though with your normal porcelain bowl!

HTH but if you need any specifics just ask on here, you still have 10months for the excitement to build!

rochester
Level Contributor
515 posts
17 reviews
6. Re: baobab sun beds

Thanks Wendy,

You have give me some good tips.Know what you mean about the loo's,we have been to Egypt and India,say no more.

Thanks once again,

Chris

midlands
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: baobab sun beds

Hi

Hope you dont mind me asking you a question we are going to baobab beach in a few weeks and was wondering if you got a safe in your room?

Any help you could give us would be really appreciated

Thanks

Ilford, United...
Level Contributor
400 posts
54 reviews
8. Re: baobab sun beds

Hi Andy_kerry

Yes there is a safe in the room...usually in the wardrobe with an electronic keypad, you set your own PIN :)

When do you travel? 8 weeks today we'll be landing, then off on safari for a week then back to Baobab

Hi Chris, I'm so glad you know what to expect...as I said though, most are your "normal" toilets ;-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
9. Re: baobab sun beds

The best and most expensive rooms are in the Maridadi wing.

south wales [uk]
Level Contributor
141 posts
28 reviews
10. Re: baobab sun beds

can't agree with your room rating saagar s :)

true Maridadi has the highest rated Deluxe Rooms bur so does Kole Kole

Kole Kole also has Suites which are Deluxe Rooms but complete with Jacuzzi

Get answers to your questions about Diani Beach
Recent Conversations