We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visas

England
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Visas

hi all

Was going to get our visas in advance,wondering what a multiple one (can we all go on this) is compared to a single one??

If it helps 2 adults & child of 13

Graham

Shanzu, Kenya
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visas

Multiple Visa is a Multiple Entry Visa not a Multiple Person Visa.

It is useful if you go more than once in a year as it is cheaper then two Single Entry ones.

Single Entry gives you one visit in a year from the date of the start of the Visa. Multiple Entry gives you as many visits as you like in the year from the start of the Visa.

Unfortunately this won't help you or make it cheaper unless you intend to return again within a year.

England
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visas

So my best bet then,fill out the forms i have just printed off put in with my passports and the like with some Dollars to pay when we arrive in July.

I am presuming Dollars is prefered curruncy ??

Looking at info Child under 16 excempt from having to pay??

Marlborough, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Visas

We have just returned from 2 weeks in kenya, we did not pay for visas for the children, only ourselves, you can pay in kenya shillings, english pound, euro or dollars. Beware and note you have to pay a departure tax and pay for kids as well with this. we paid for our visa on arrival at the airport, bit of a wait, but then you have to wait ages for your luggage etc, dont you?

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
Level Contributor
15,867 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visas

Hi,

The visa fees are $25, £20 or 20€, if you enter the country via Mombasa you can always pay in any of these currencies. If you enter through Nairobi they occasionally insist on Dollars, though they usually accept the other currencies,

As it happens paying in Dollars is the cheapest way at the moment as even at somewhere like Travelex or M&S $25 is less than £16

The reduced visa fees and exemption for children was due to expire on 1 July 2011 but 4sandi recently posted that it was now to be extended to the end of the year

Isle of Wight
Level Contributor
263 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Visas

An interesting note for those of you entering through Nairobi. When we came in 3 weeks ago and handed over our $50 for our visas (x2) the official tried to insist we pay in Sterling (ie £40)...I explained that I wished to pay in $ and after his 2nd request for us to pay in £ was refused did he accept our $. Not sure if there is a small scam there but if this happens to you do stand your ground if you wish to pay in $.

6. Re: Visas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 19:16
Get answers to your questions about Diani Beach
Recent Conversations