We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days in Grottamare

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
3 days in Grottamare

I will be spending 4 nights in Grottamare and would like some suggestions on where to go. I will go to Ascoli Piceno for one day - but I would like to visit 2 places in one day if possible. Do you have any suggestions?

On one day I am thinking of going to Macerata in la mattina and then to Civitanova Marche on the way back il pomeriggio. (Do you recommend anywhere for good shoes while I am there?)

These will be my last days in le Marche and I want to make the most of them.

Thank you in advance.

Le Marche, Italy
Level Contributor
37,736 posts
29 reviews
1. Re: 3 days in Grottamare

I'm afraid I don't know much about shoes. I know Tod's has an outlet in Fermo.

Other than shoes, what sorts of things would you like to see or do on your day trip?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: 3 days in Grottamare

Thanks for reply.

I'm interested in seeing historical buildings and towns and learning about their past. Also caves or underground things - anything fascinating. A bonus would be if they have some sort of story to them that is fascinating like Gradara has a story of Paolo e Francesca.

Maybe looking at some "ancient" trades such as lace making or whatever else was a part of the region's history. (I'll be seeing Fabriano's paper factory/museum).

I would like to be like a child who has learnt something fascinating and new, with that look of wonder on my face, or an adult in awe of beauty and history and the way people lived.

As for the shoes, it is not too much of a worry, I just want a pair of Italian shoes and read that Fermo was a place they were manufactured!

Le Marche, Italy
Level Contributor
37,736 posts
29 reviews
3. Re: 3 days in Grottamare

You would probably love Offida, a very nice town with a long history of lacemaking. There is a lace museum, and lace is sold in shops, where you can usually see women demonstrating the craft. The main piazza has the 14th century town hall and the 200-year-old theatre, which you can visit. Don't miss the 13th century Gothic church of Santa Maria della Rocca, on a cliff at the edge of the town. You might be able to visit Offida and Ascoli Piceno on the same day, but since Offida is only about 20 minutes' drive from Grottamare, you would probably have other chances to go there.

The caverns of Frasassi, not far from Fabriano, are very beautiful and are in a scenic river gorge. If you get an early start, you could see both on the same day.

Edited: 21 April 2015, 06:28
4. Re: 3 days in Grottamare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2016, 13:18
Get answers to your questions about Grottammare
Recent Conversations