We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sorong - one day, things to do

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
11 reviews
8 helpful votes
Sorong - one day, things to do
Save

Hi All,

Could anyone please let me know what are the good things to do in Sorong on a Saturday?

I've tried to contact the http://www.bird-watching-papua-adventure-travel.com/bwsoronglowlands.html regarding the half-day bird-watching but got no replies.

Things that interest:

- bird watching

- general sightseeing

- shopping & possibly doing hair styling if there is a place

Thanks a lot.

Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Sorong - one day, things to do
Save

ONE DAY TRIP AT SORONG my PERSONAL EXPERIENCE ( LOCAL PEOPLE at sorong)

- Going to SUNRISE RESTAURANT at LIDO sorong eating papeda (sorong traditional foodish) , at sunrise or at sunset

- Buy some groceries snack ( local SNACK) at the supermarket ( FORZA SUPERMARKET sorong) , I suggest you to try (Keladi Chips - Keripik KELADI

or maybe you can enjoy eating seafood at tembok berlin

- Enjoy beach at Makbon / kasuari beach its not very far from the city

- Hunting papua batik textile

- Going to tradisional seafood market (PASAR BOSWEZEN) - you could buy very fresh seafood there with a cheap price , then BBQ-ing

)

2. Re: Sorong - one day, things to do

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

What are forum guidelines?
Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
123 reviews
4,371 helpful votes
3. Re: Sorong - one day, things to do
Save

Self-promotion is strictly prohibited on TA forums by posting guidelines.

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
96 posts
8 reviews
10 helpful votes
4. Re: Sorong - one day, things to do
Save

Hi Guys,

There are quite a few interesting things to see and do in Sorong!

One of our favourite things to do (we’re regular visitors) is to pop over to Pulau Doom, the original Sorong! When population outgrew the island, the ‘city of Sorong’ relocated to the the mainland, but this little island still retains much charm and history which is definitely worth checking out!

You can take the small local ‘push and pull’ ferry across to the island from the small public port in between SAGA mall and Marine Mamberano hotel, it takes about 10-15 mins.

There are a few small local Warungs on the island, you can take a tour by ‘becak’ bike and wander around the colourful neighbourhood with views to Sorong city on the mainland and Raja Ampat.

If you’re looking for more info about Sorong, and some other things to see and do please feel free to check out my blog where I have written a ‘Sorong Travel Guide’ which may be helpful :)

Here is the link: https://remoteandafloat.com/sorong-travel-guide/

Please feel free to give me a shout if you have any questions at all!

Claire.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1 post
57 reviews
27 helpful votes
5. Re: Sorong - one day, things to do
Save

Awesome tips thanks Claire going to try them all out over the next 2 days. Love your blog!

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
96 posts
8 reviews
10 helpful votes
6. Re: Sorong - one day, things to do
Save

Thanks so much Mike, hope you have a brilliant time!

Raja Ampat...
Level Contributor
168 posts
100 reviews
83 helpful votes
7. Re: Sorong - one day, things to do
Save

Hi Claireu, I just posted a question,but your blog answered it! I should scrolled a little further. Anyway thanks for the info. Your Indonesia posts are terrific as well.

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
96 posts
8 reviews
10 helpful votes
8. Re: Sorong - one day, things to do
Save

Aw thank you!! So pleased to hear you’ve found them helpful :) Have a great trip!

9. Re: Sorong - one day, things to do

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Sorong
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.