We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accommodations in Santiago, Panama

Tilbury, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
accommodations in Santiago, Panama
Save

I would like to spend one night in Santiago, Panama, on Jan. 13, and am not having much luck finding something online. I'm looking for something inexpensive and, hopefully, within walking distance from the bus depot. A hostel or B&B would be great. Does anyone have suggestions? I am a single, retired female, travelling alone. Thank you, Colleen

9 replies to this topic
Porlamar, Venezuela
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
34 reviews
47 helpful votes
1. Re: accommodations in Santiago, Panama
Save

We overnighted at ''Hotel La Hacienda'' in Santiago on our drive north from PTY to David.

Very bright mexican decor but is clean and has a decent restaurant on site.

It served fine for an overnighter and is fairly close to the bus station.

Has a pool which the kids enjoyed and there is a water park adjoining the hotel.

Edited: 8 years ago
Tilbury, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: accommodations in Santiago, Panama
Save

Thank you.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
533 posts
3. Re: accommodations in Santiago, Panama
Save

@tropicalhasit - Not knowing exactly what your definition of "inexpensive " is I can only say that http://casadelaspalmas.biz/index.html rates seemed reasonable to me with the added bonus that their food is GREAT.

Your can check their TA reviews here - http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g910753-d1605209-Reviews-Casa_de_las_Palmas-Santiago_de_Veraguas_Veraguas_Province.html

Have a fun trip.

Steve www.panamanotes.com

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
69 posts
48 reviews
18 helpful votes
4. Re: accommodations in Santiago, Panama
Save

I highly recommend Casa de las Palmas in Santiago

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g910753-d1605209-Reviews-Casa_de_las_Palmas-Santiago_de_Veraguas_Veraguas_Province.html

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
26 posts
68 reviews
15 helpful votes
5. Re: accommodations in Santiago, Panama
Save

Staying at La Hacienda tonight. $55 for double and $71 for Queen. I didn't enquire about a single, but I assume $50 or less.

Tilbury, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: accommodations in Santiago, Panama
Save

Thank you.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
26 posts
68 reviews
15 helpful votes
7. Re: accommodations in Santiago, Panama
Save

My review from last nights stay. Restaurant is expensive and not very good food. Fish fingers = fish sticks. Grilled cheese = quesadilla with very little cheese. Coffee and Orange juice are good tho.

Rooms are small but clean. Beds are very hard, so Europeans will be satisfied but we had a hard time sleeping. For one night, it was fine but that is all I would be able to stand. Wireless is spotty. We were in the back and it kept going down. Maybe closer to the front office it is better.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
26 posts
68 reviews
15 helpful votes
8. Re: accommodations in Santiago, Panama
Save

Forgot to mention that we got a mysterious call in the middle of the night from someone claiming to be in the front office and said there was someone out front wanting to talk to us. We refused to go up there. May have been nothing, but we thought it might be someone wanting to rob the gringos. We asked the front office about it this morning and they said there was no one in the front office last night that spoke English.

Spring Hill
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
2 helpful votes
9. Re: accommodations in Santiago, Panama
Save

Oh, my gosh! I wish I had seen this before now... There is a small hotel in Atalaya (about 5 minutes from Santiago), called Posada El Peligrino. It's spotlessly clean, has only a few rooms, and each room has a different "theme". The bathrooms have very nice jaccuzzi tubs, the beds are comfortable, each room is air conditioned, and the folks who operate this place are very nice. They don't speak fluent English, though, but if you know any Spanish at all, you'll be able to get by. We've stayed there a couple of times, and it's WAY better than the Hacienda. The drawback is that you'd have to go somewhere else to have dinner, whereas the Hacienda has an attached restaurant. There's also another new place just outside of town, called Mykonos - it's a chain, but gets very good reviews here. We've never stayed there ourselves, so I don't feel qualified to comment on that establishment. As for the Hacienda - we'll never go there again. Yick!

Reply to: accommodations in Santiago, Panama
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Changuinola
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.