We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local transport + Food in Gan / Gan International Airport

2 posts
Save Topic
Local transport + Food in Gan / Gan International Airport

Hello Friends,

I am backpacker traveler visiting Gan Island in Nov'17. I have booked resort in Addu which is almost 14 km far from Gan International Airport.What would be cheapest mode of transportation to travel such distance.Hotel transport is bit expensive for me :). Also would there be vegetarian options available? Whats average rate for descent buffet.

Liquid Watersports
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing, Water Sports, Waterskiing & Jetskiing
Dive Center Aquaventure
Shark Diving, Scuba & Snorkeling
5 replies to this topic
England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,929 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Local transport + Food in Gan / Gan International Airport

Hi welcome to the forum

When you visit a resort island the transport offered by the island is usually your only option. You wont have any problems finding food suitable for vegetarians in the Maldives...

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,044 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Local transport + Food in Gan / Gan International Airport

I think you will find Addu is a local island so perhaps you have booked a guesthouse.

Read frequently asked questions in regard to travelling on a budget or local inhabited island

Good Luck

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,929 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Local transport + Food in Gan / Gan International Airport

As Ange said Addu is a local island I read resort and didn't read the name.

I still recommend using the transfer offered for logistical reason's.

London
Level Contributor
1,937 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Local transport + Food in Gan / Gan International Airport

When we visited Equator Village (in Gan), there was a mix up in our transfer to the resort, but another guest who lived in Addu just called a local taxi which was quite cheap. A bit of internet research and you might be able to find the details of a taxi in Addu/Gan that you can connect with when you arrive.

Most other resorts are on segregated islands so you need a boat transfer and those are not plentiful or cheap (as the resort lays them on). But Gan/Maradhoo/Hithadhoo (when you say "Addu", I assume you mean "Addu City Square" in Hithadhoo) are all connected by a 8 km Link Road so there is a fair amount of motor vehicle traffic to get around, and (like I said) a number of taxis available.

Bruce, Maldives Complete

www.maldivescomplete.com

2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Local transport + Food in Gan / Gan International Airport

Thanks a lot for replies! Hope to spend great time over there :)

Reply to: Local transport + Food in Gan / Gan International Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted