We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exchange rate

Catterick, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Exchange rate

Hi me and my family are due out on the 10th Aug and I was just wondering what the exchange rate is out there at the moment. Normally I would only change a bit here and do the rest out there as normally the rate is better but not sure weather to change more this end if the rate is poor out there. Thanks

6 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
164 posts
1. Re: Exchange rate

The rate is very rarely better over there and usually about the same as here if no commission is charged.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
225 reviews
2. Re: Exchange rate

Rate better in the UK.

Lst week it was 1.10 in UK and 1.08 in Sidari

Widnes, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Exchange rate

We use The money shop . Black and yellow sign . Always top rate . It looks like a place that does dodgy loans but we've found it to have good rates . Some other online high rates but I don't think I could tust doing something like that especially if your changing a couple of grand

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
61 reviews
4. Re: Exchange rate

Money saving expert gives daily rates which can fluctuate.

https://travelmoney.moneysavingexpert.com

London
Level Contributor
46 posts
20 reviews
5. Re: Exchange rate

If you have a non chargeable debit card you will always get the best possible rate from an atm, as long as you choose the non conversion rate, last week I got 1.14, you get whatever rate the euro is trading at at the time.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
839 posts
25 reviews
6. Re: Exchange rate

I agree with all the others the rate is slightly better here.

The only place l know of where you do get quite a lot more is Turkey. Greece no.

Reply to: Exchange rate
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sidari
Recent Conversations