We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canada to treasure cay

Cambridge, Canada
Level Contributor
49 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Canada to treasure cay

Does anyone have any advice about the best wY to get to Treasure Cay from Toronto?

It looks like we can land in Nassau and get a small plane to Marsh Harbor. And then a taxi. But this is a long journey and added expense.

Marsh Harbour...
Level Contributor
39 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canada to treasure cay

It is exasperating, but there are few scheduled flights in to TC these days. Your best bet is likely YYZ-NAS-MHH; maybe find another party to share the cost of a taxi. The only other way is thru Florida; then get a flight right in to TCB.

Cambridge, Canada
Level Contributor
49 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Canada to treasure cay

Thanks. I think I would want to land in Marsh Harbor because I have heard that the groceries are cheaper than Treasure Cay. We could stock up before we reach our villa.

Is the beer cheaper in marsh as well?

I sure hope the flights will be worth it .

Marsh Harbour...
Level Contributor
39 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Canada to treasure cay

Unfortunately, the price of beer is horrendously expensive in the Bahamas. The govt. taxes it $20 for every case. So a case retails for about $40. Now, hard liquor is often cheaper than in the US, [I don't know about Canada] and wine isn't too bad. Expensive or not, try some local beer like Kalik or Sands. Good beer.

New Brunswick
Level Contributor
261 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Canada to treasure cay

Yes you could get a connecting flight through NAS to TCB or MHH but this would involve changing airlines and collecting and rechecking your luggage. Could be risky if there was a delay. I would probably only consider this if there were several hours between flights or planned to overnight in NAS. It would be cheaper to fly to MHH and get a taxi to TCB from MHH than direct flight to TCB. IMO best option is book direct to MHH connecting through MIA on American and then get a taxi to TCB. No luggage hassles and the fastest way to get there.

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,327 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Canada to treasure cay

so agree about American through MIA- have done that many times

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,327 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Canada to treasure cay

WOW- is YYZ your airport? I just looked out of curiosity and you can fly American direct from Toronto to Miami for as low as $420 which is MUCH cheaper than I can get there from an adjacent state! Take a look at the whole thing though as the MIA to MHH will add a lot to the overall cost, I would bet.

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,327 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Canada to treasure cay

6:40 a.m. from Toronto on AA through MIA arriving MHH at 12:06 p.m. for $631 pp- not bad at all and arrive in time to sit on the porch at Curly Tails in MH for some lunch and an umbrella drink to unwind, get on island time before grocery shopping and cabbing it to TC.

Is Air Canada an option though? I know they fly into some places in the Bahamas but not sure where.

New Brunswick
Level Contributor
261 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Canada to treasure cay

Air Canada only flies to NAS and like many of their sun destinations is operated by Air Canada Rouge (refurbished older planes with less amenities no leg room so they can squeeze in a few more rows of seats) Don't get me going on this, I just do not fit in their seats. One flight on AC Rouge and I avoid them like the plague. American ,Continental and Bahamas air are the main carriers flying in to MHH

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,327 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Canada to treasure cay

Ok- just wondered as I remember their flying into Georgetown, GE the last time we were there so I didn't know if they went elsewhere.... certainly NOT something around in my part of the world- AA has always worked out best from here.

10. Re: Canada to treasure cay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2017, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Treasure Cay
Recent Conversations