We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dogs

1 post
Dogs
Save

Anyone else saddened by the treatment of some dogs in Hermigua. Near our villa was a young black dog,alone, chained by a short chain to a wall. Little scope for him to move around and make himself comfortable. No bedding. In a fortnight I never saw him released. I loved Hermigua. Perfect place for walking but I would never return for fear that the dog is still tied up.

Bosque del Cedro
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Valle de Hermigua
Roques Pedro y Petra
1 reply
Corralejo, Spain
Destination Expert
for Corralejo, Canary Islands
Level Contributor
7,542 posts
222 reviews
125 helpful votes
1. Re: Dogs
Save

I'm afraid there are a lot of instances like that. Dogs aren't necessarily treated as pets here, certainly not in the way that's common in many N. European countries. If he's left for too long without food or water then the police will take an interest, but not just because he's uncomfortable. The saying "it's a dog's life" actually has meaning here, very often.

Reply to: Dogs
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hermigua
Recent Conversations
US$USD
Ireland
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Ireland. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.