We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Medical Centre

Beaufort, Ireland
Level Contributor
3,993 posts
126 reviews
Medical Centre

Have a story to tell about the medical centre at the top of the one way system in Golf Del Sur. There is a pharmacy upstairs and a doctor's surgery below. I went to get cream for mosquito bites and the lady told me that one of the bites was infected and that II must see the doctor downstairs and that it was free, no charge. Well, I couldn't be bothered so I didn't go. Today, I was talking to a friend of mine who also frequented the same pharmacy with an ear ache earlier in July. The lady behind the counter also told him to visit the doctor , that it was free, no charge. He went to the GP and last week got a bill for 400 euro. Needless to say he is not paying it but just beware anyone who may have cause to visit the place.

32 replies to this topic
Leeds, United...
1 post
31. Re: Medical Centre

just come back from gold del sur great place other than this so called medical establishment. my son had a slight ear infection from going in the pool so I just wanted some ear drops I googled for the nearest medical centre(I believe that this is the only one in GdS). but after reading the reviews I decided to go up alone. I went in asking for the ear drops and was immediately set apon by another member of staff saying " I can see your ear is infected it will get worse, you need antibiotics come quickly they will not let you fly if you don't treat it"

when I explained that it was my son that had the infection and I just wanted some drops he wouldn't listen " you have insurance it's free " is all he would say. the last thing I would want is someone pumping my son full of drugs over a simple matter of swimmers ear.

its criminal how somwhere like this can operate in the uk they would be closed down. a quick bus ride gets you to a pharmacy in one of the next towns where I picked up the drops for €6 and it cleared 24 hrs later.

AVOID AT All COSTS

Farnborough, United...
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
59 reviews
32. Re: Medical Centre

They must be getting desperate for customers then.First stop should be the pharmacy in San Blas, or Los Abrigos both speak ok English. I do find that medication seems expensive but what has been prescribed works. I would only go to the medical centre if it was serious.

Reply to: Medical Centre
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Golf del Sur
Recent Conversations