We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf del sur area

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Golf del sur area

Is this good for families not too remote

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf del sur area

Hi

While not too remote {about 20 mins to Playa/LC} as the name would suggest it is more for a quiet relaxing holiday and golf. Although there are buses that run to the main southern resorts it is not a great service so if it is evenings out in Playa you want you would need to factor taxis into the cost. Also {although from reviews people do not seem to say it effects them} you are on the flight path to the south airport {only about 10 mins or so from the golf.

A lot would depend on just what you and your family are after, if it is just a week or two relaxing it could be the place for you but if it is a holiday with a full mix perhaps looking at LC could be a better choice or if you wanted to go further afield perhaps Puerto de la Cruz in the north :0)

Hope this helps

Sparhawk1

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf del sur area

Having just returned we loved it [two adults and children aged 7 and 10] - but we did have a hire car to get around [320 euros for 17 days from AutoReisien] and tended to be out and about every other day. Enough local bars and restaurants without the hassle of the larger resorts. For example we had zero incidences of being hassled for trips/timeshare/lottery tickets in Golf Del Sur but in literally 200m of walking through Los Cristianos, as we walked back to our car after a boat trip, we must have been accosted around ten times...

Wigan, England...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Golf del sur area

IM getting mixed reports about these appartments can someone help me out please......sorry I mean the aquamarine in golf de sur

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golf del sur area

aquamarine in golf de sur is very nice i have stayed there twice before moving deals here http://www.holidaynights.co.uk/ the rooms are big, the glof del sur does not suit all as not a lot to do and a lot of aircraft noise though not to bad in this hotel, you do have San Blas for drinks and food abd in my option the best chinese restaurant on the island the great wall.If you just what to chill then this place will suit you,yes you can get the 470 or 483 bus to LC/LA though the buses do get very busy and i would thing about renting car if here to get about.

Dok

Wigan, England...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Golf del sur area

Thank you very much for your reply......I know its quiet,Iam meeting two friends out there and I am going out too do quite a lot off riding! SO as long as there is something too do at night .im happy,my only concern was the insect problem! I Know TENERIFE is bad for it.

Wigan, England...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Golf del sur area

Thank you,I KNOW IT IS QUIET I myself will be doing a lot off riding and as long as I CAN GET DRESSED AT NIGHT AND GO FOR A DRINK IM HAPPY!

My only issue is the insects in the appts im staying in a private apt in A QUAMARINE and just concerned about coakroaches!

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Golf del sur area

Pleny pleaces for a drink Where you are staying is very clear so cannot see a problem.

Dok

Wigan, England...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Golf del sur area

Thanks im sure I will...........IF I ever get there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maidenhead
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Golf del sur area

Where can you go riding there and how much does it cost? Do you need proper riding gear?

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Golf del sur area

Hi

See link below

http://www.horseridingintenerife.com/

Hope this helps

Sparhawk1

Get answers to your questions about Golf del Sur