We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental

Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Car rental

Hello,

We will be traveling to Tenerife in September, car rentals seem affordable for the week. We will be traveling with three and adults and a 1 year old. We are staying at the Santa baraba golf and ocean club. They advised there is parking on the property and on the street. Would you recommend a car? We felt traveling with our son this way would be easier. Can you leave items in your car overnight? If we left our stroller in the car would it be stolen?

8 replies to this topic
Farnborough, United...
Level Contributor
2,102 posts
59 reviews
1. Re: Car rental

Hi yes I would rent bearing in mind how many of there are of you. Only rent from Autoriesen or Cicar the rest will rip you off. There is a car park at the side of the hotel or it is street parking, they are quiet streets. I would not leave anything valuable overnight, but that goes for anywhere. The golf is no more dangerous than at home.

Sidmouth, United...
Level Contributor
138 posts
34 reviews
2. Re: Car rental

Auto Plus Car is also another good one to use, But stay away from Gold Car.

Helensburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
137 reviews
3. Re: Car rental

Type "car hire" in the search box and you will see from the posts there, that there really only TWO companies which are recommended by the vast majority of contributors. Personally, and having used both companies, I go for Cicar , bit more expensive but more reliable (and newer cars).

Crayford, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
27 reviews
4. Re: Car rental

Had a very bad experience with Autoriesen, car was terrible and they didn't help sorting out, wouldn't use them again.

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
618 posts
118 reviews
5. Re: Car rental

Though I don't question TrickyDicky's comment, the vast majority if those who comment on Autoreisen rate them highly, myself included. Their cars can be well used, but I've never had one that was tatty and I've never had any reliability issues, despite years of hiring from them, both on Tenerife and other Canary Islands.

The good things about them are that their fuel policy is fair (return the car with the same level of fuel as when you started) and there is no hard sell of extra insurance, hidden charges etc. Nor will they rip you off with charges for damage you haven't done. Unfortunately you can't say the same about companies like Goldcar.

Also, their desk is on your way from baggage reclaim in the main hall of the airport and the cars are just across the road in a section of the main car park.

Edited: 25 August 2018, 09:30
london
Level Contributor
62 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: Car rental

Book by the internet for best deal.i usually use Skyscanner or holiday autos lately, and do the same with insurance excess use questor insurance,

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
618 posts
118 reviews
7. Re: Car rental

You are in effect using a broker. Be very careful which company it directs you to. If it's Goldcar don't touch it with a barge-pole.

Scotland
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
8. Re: Car rental

Just watch the the surface of the car park at the side of the hotel, it's just a dirt square and very uneven in places. You can pay for underground parking at the hotel, it's 3 euros a night or 18 for a week. Just back from GDS and hired from Autoreisen which was a very simple process, got their cheapest car available which was like a hairdryer wheels. Fine for tootling about the coast but not powerful enough to really tackle heading up towards Teide or anything.

Edited: 03 September 2018, 01:11
Reply to: Car rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Golf del Sur
Recent Conversations