We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Supermarket

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
16 reviews
Supermarket

Good evening!

Just booked up for another trip to GDS in September. This will be our 5th time staying at Augamarina apartments and I’m so excited.

Just looking for a bit of advice. We love a wander around the big supermarket mercadona at las chafrias. We have been quite lucky in the past where we have managed to get a taxi outside until our last visit.

We jumped in a taxi out the airport and went straight to the supermarket. Taxi basically stopped on the round about nearly colliding with a bus then charged us 21 Euro for the privilege. I was in a bit of a panic given where he had stopped so gave him the money on hindsight should have agreed a price before hand.

Anyway, did our shop lugging our hand luggage with us, went outside and found no taxis. It was now getting quite late and after waiting some time we decided to walk.

I’m still traumatised thinking back haha. But we had our luggage, huge bottles of water and other supplies to last us our holiday. We walked the whole way to our apparentment and spend the rest of our holiday recovering.

So that’s my wee story over with. Looking for any help to avoid this happening again. Is there any taxi phone numbers? Or any other ways to get to and from our hotel? We arrive really late this time so will probably not go on our way from airport.

Any help would be appreciated.

M :) x

6 replies to this topic
Morecambe, United...
Level Contributor
170 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Supermarket

Taxi that cover the golf 00 34 9227475 next time you come out of the mercadoa there is a taxi rank just off the main roundabout.

Edited: 09 August 2018, 12:57
Farnborough, United...
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
59 reviews
2. Re: Supermarket

If you walk towards the big roundabout and then left with will see the yellow 'Disa' petrol station and there is a rank in front of that. Taxi to your hotel 5-7e, should have been about 10 from the airport to there.

Kendal, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: Supermarket

You can do your shopping online before you go and arrange a delivery time to suit you. Also you can shop and load everything onto the belt, before they start scanning just tell them you want a home delivery. They will take your details and let you know when it will be delivered. Its just the same as here.If its late you will get your shopping the next day. If you just order a few things to tied you over a few days at least it will save you the trauma of walking with it. Good luck !!!!

Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Supermarket

Where can you do online grocery shopping?

Farnborough, United...
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
59 reviews
5. Re: Supermarket

Post is talking about Mercadonna, I believe their website also does home delivery but you may need a grip of Spanish.There is also http://www.onlineshoppingtenerife.com/ but I have no idea as have not used them yet.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
808 posts
62 reviews
6. Re: Supermarket

There used to be a black guy collecting trolleys as you left the store ,If you give him your trolley with the euro still in the slot he will tell you he will phone a taxi .what actually happens is he walks away and waves at the taxi rank and a taxi comes and off you go, don't know if he is still there but worth looking for him

Edited: 22 August 2018, 15:18
Reply to: Supermarket
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Golf del Sur
Recent Conversations