We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

God Bless Chile!

NEW YORK, NY
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
God Bless Chile!

They have captured that Low Life---Joran!!! Now everyone can travel easy in ALL of the Caribbean!!!

USA
Level Contributor
200 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: God Bless Chile!

Aruba is an island I have consciously chosen to never consider for our Caribbean travel, all for the events there 5 years ago. Not for lack of safety or for any other reason than one of principle. For a young girl's disappearance to be handled so very badly there, it was my admittedly small way to honor that memory. Certainly my absence and loss of the associated revenue will not make or break the Aruban economy, but today a more sobering thought is that perhaps a second life did not have to be lost in Peru...were it not for a young girl's disappearance to have been handled so very badly...in Aruba.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
120 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: God Bless Chile!

I agree with both of you. I have been watching this story for 5 years and because of the way things were handled in Aruba, I also have choosen not to go there. I have been to too many other beautiful islands and am looking forward to my visit to Anguilla in April.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
73 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: God Bless Chile!

Natalee Holloway is from our hometown and still her disapperance is constantly in the local news 5 years later. Very sad situtation especially when I have seen her mother around town. I hope justice prevails in this situation as it did not in Aruba. It's so unforunate that two young girls lives were lost. Joran was also charged yesterday in Alabama for wire fraud trying to sell his story of Natalee Holloway death for $250,000. Disgusting. He deserves everything he gets...

On a lighter note, we will have our toes in the sand on our favorite place in T-minus 7 days!

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: God Bless Chile!

Sunbrat, did you share your feelings to the Tourist Board or anyone or was it a silent boycott? I hope you shared how you felt..otherwise how can positive change happen? I assume you did...but on the other hand boycotting an island because of Dutch laws IMHO does nothing..the people and the local businesses suffer...this spoiled possible psychopath will meet his maker...I can only imagine the torment both parents experience...

5. Re: God Bless Chile!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2010, 06:23
Get answers to your questions about West End Village