We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meal Plans vs Restaurants

Grand Prairie, TX
Level Contributor
125 posts
7 reviews
Meal Plans vs Restaurants

What type of meal plans are available at Cap Juluca or Cuisinart and at what cost? If not doing food plans, what are average costs of meals at the restaurants around town? We're from Dallas, TX USA and have a HUGE variety of food to choose from. How about on Anguilla?

I suspect we will rent a vehicle and get around and wonder how much cost in USD should we reasonably plan for meals?

Thanks.

Texas
Level Contributor
372 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Meal Plans vs Restaurants

Keith.....others on here will confirm but I dont think meal plans are offered at Cap or Cuisi.

Its hard to say what meals cost......depends if you are drinkers, appetizer eaters, dessert eaters etc. There is a pretty good variety of restaurants to choose from. Most of the restaurants post their menu's on their web sites so I would take a look at them so you can get a good idea of the prices you are looking at.....depending on your eating habits.

I would look at the following.......Picante, Luna Rosa, Mangos, Trattoria Tramonto, Straw Hat, Ferryboat Inn, Un Amore.....others will suggest more restaurants but this list should give you an idea. You can spend a lot on meals depending on the restaurants you pick.......you can also spend less if you choose some of the less expensive places (ie Un Amore). I usually do a mixture of both.......

Grand Prairie, TX
Level Contributor
125 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Meal Plans vs Restaurants

Good idea on the online menus. I will go look now. Thank you.

NY
Level Contributor
105 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Meal Plans vs Restaurants

I would not eat all of your meals at Cap-the restaurants are really expensive-lunch cost us $100 one day. On average for two-with a cocktail and burger/sandwich for lunch $50 at Davida and Smokeys. For Dinner we ate at Straw hat, Mangoes and Barrel Stay-dinner averaged about $200 with threee courses and a bottle of wine. Dinner at PImms was a bit more-$250

New York
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
2,260 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Meal Plans vs Restaurants

Anguilla is the island of great dining--no need for meal plan.

Cap has a plan--so much a person per day, on their website,

I would assume Cuisinart will have the same thing---and some of

the meals are included in some of the packages at Cap.

Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
28 reviews
5. Re: Meal Plans vs Restaurants

Just back from our first trip to CJ (trip report in the works) but the one lunch we had there was very mediocre. I would definitely not want to eat all my meals there. Convenient, but expensive, and the food wasn't up to par with most all the other places we went on the island. We had a gift certificate for lunch at Blue (CJ restaurant) for two appetizers, two entrees, and two desserts. (I know, ridiculous amount of food for two people, but didn't want the gesture to go to waste!) The one thing we liked and might consider ordering again was the ginger creme brulee, but everything else seemed like stereotypical hotel reception food. Just okay. There are better options within walking distance (Smokey's and Trattoria Tramonto) that are quite tasty. We ended up at TT three times after ordering the lobster ravioli based on penny's recommendation. Oh my! It was fabulous.

In regards to the price question, I've got some notes somewhere on what we paid for most meals that I'd probably include in my trip recap. If I remember right we budgeted about $200/day for food based on posts I read before our trip, but we didn't spend that amount each day while on the island. Probably closer to $150, but that was not cooking any meals ourselves during the week.

Edited: 20 May 2010, 20:42
New York
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
2,260 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Meal Plans vs Restaurants

Oh-TravelCR, I am so glad you enjoyed your trip. TT is one of our favorites

and I have often said its our home away from home. Alan the owner our dear friend has made his place so very special, food, music ambiance-hard to beat.

Glad you tried Smokeys--great on Saturday for music. Didn't it all go too fast! As an Anguillian newbie I can't wait to read move about your trip.. I know you loved Jumby Bay,and nothing on Anguilla can match the elegant Estate House--but this island is a whole different world and one of the best!

Edited: 20 May 2010, 21:33
7. Re: Meal Plans vs Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2010, 06:32
Get answers to your questions about West End Village