We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting a car versus staying at the hotel

NYC
2 posts
Renting a car versus staying at the hotel

I have done so much research on this and I still can't figure... We are looking to stay at Cap Juluca for 5-7 days and are debating doing the dinner meal plan versus renting a car and exploring the island for dinners. I realize everyone says the island is magnificent and to explore away - but we like our rum punches and wine (maybe too much! ) - Are the restaurants in town really WORTH it? Or will we be overly satisfied with the restaurants on the Cap Juluca property? We are looking to relax and stay put... but don't want to be dissapointed when dinner comes around!

Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
819 posts
4 reviews
11. Re: Renting a car versus staying at the hotel

rent a car for after your first couple of days there - Cap is great but you really should try at least a few other restaurants. not only is there great food at other places but also a change of vibe would just seem like a nice addition to any vacation. but different strokes. I can't imagine NOT enjoying staying put at cap for a week if I'd never been to Anguilla before but knowing what's out there makes me say - get out and see what else there is.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
426 posts
15 reviews
12. Re: Renting a car versus staying at the hotel

Before I went into business for myself, the companies for whom I worked used to put me up in some extremely upscale resorts and hotels. Although I enjoyed those stays, I did not take advantage of the opportunities to go out and explore the local feel of the communities, which I now regret.. Over the years, all the resorts began to look and feel the same and became quite boring. Now we much prefer to stay in small local hotels and apartments and get the real feel of the communities around them. By all means, rent a car and experience the wonderful people of Anguilla. Obviously, if you spend a lot of money to stay at a resort, you may feel compelled to "get your money's worth" but I do think you miss something by staying holed up in one.

13. Re: Renting a car versus staying at the hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2010, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about West End Village