We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can I see a cenote when cruising to Costa Maya

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
6 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Where can I see a cenote when cruising to Costa Maya

My family and I will be cruise the Carribbean in January and one of our stops is at Costa Maya and Cozumel. We so much want to see a Cenote. Where would be the best place to see one and the easiest to get there?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,788 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where can I see a cenote when cruising to Costa Maya

There are plenty near Tulum. Does your cruise ship offer an excursion to any...perhaps paired with a Tulum ruins visit?

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
6 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where can I see a cenote when cruising to Costa Maya

Unfortunately they do not offer any excursions that include a Cenote. I would have to do it as a private excursion which is not an issue for me. I just want to be able to swim in a pretty one to say I have done it. "Jade Caverns" has been suggested on Cozumel but I think I may want to snorkel in Cozumel instead. I have nothing currently planned for Costa Maya which is why I am looking for a cenote near there.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,788 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where can I see a cenote when cruising to Costa Maya

Here is one in that general area:

mahahualhotel.com/costamaya/cenote_costa-may…

If there are no better answers, google "cenote costa maya" or a nearby town and see what else shows up.

Steamboat Springs...
Level Contributor
2,946 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where can I see a cenote when cruising to Costa Maya

I believe the one CO_Pilot54 mentions is the closest one. Cenote Azul is on the south end of Bacalar. It is one of the biggest deepest cenotes in Mexico. I'm pretty sure there are day excursions to this place. Bacalar lake is pretty nice to swim in too.

5. Re: Where can I see a cenote when cruising to Costa Maya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 December 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Costa Maya