We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pools open to the public?

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
14 reviews
Pools open to the public?

Hi

I’ve just realised I booked the wrong apartments in Acharavi 🙁(Katerina not Katerina Pool Apartments) and there’s no pool.

Please can you recommend bars, restaurants, hotels with pools that we might be able to use?

Thanks

6 replies to this topic
kent
Level Contributor
341 posts
26 reviews
1. Re: Pools open to the public?

any of them you fancy just buy a dring and sit all day no problem

Stockport
Level Contributor
1,544 posts
91 reviews
2. Re: Pools open to the public?

Whilst I realise that it's common practice and helps the owners generate a little extra income, I also think that it must be extremely annoying for those who have chosen (and paid for) a specific hotel or apartment complex for its pool, only to find themselves crowded out by non-residents. It's also possibly counter-productive for the owners in the long run in terms of repeat bookings, bar takings from residents, etc. So I would always either use the beach, or try to find a non-residential bar or restaurant with a pool.

Malmö
Level Contributor
562 posts
3. Re: Pools open to the public?

When you book an apartment in a complex with a pool you have the privilege to use the pool, not to dictate who the owner lets in to the pool. If it is a problem with crowding/noise it will reflect badly on the owner and the main business of letting apartments, so it's self-regulating. Some places, mostly upscale, will not allow outside guests as they want to retain some exclusiveness, but that's not generally true for the typical Greek complex of taverna/apartments/pool/bar which relies on multiple sources of income.

Stockport
Level Contributor
1,544 posts
91 reviews
4. Re: Pools open to the public?

I don't think I've ever stayed anywhere that allowed non-residents use of the pool, but I know people who have, who were both annoyed and disappointed to have to compete for space and sunbeds with casual visitors. I don't wish to dictate to anyone - and obviously where there's plenty of room for all it isn't a problem. However, the first reply to the question was "any of them you fancy" and I was merely suggesting that where space is limited, it's just good manners and courtesy to let residents take priority.

London, United...
8 posts
5. Re: Pools open to the public?

Tzilous apartments have free swimming pool everyone around area used it

Roda, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu, Roda
Level Contributor
4,119 posts
119 reviews
6. Re: Pools open to the public?

I accept what Xenos says - it must be annoying to compete with outsiders when you are staying on-site yourself. I even know some holidaymakers who stay at a complex with a pool, and then use another pool. It's not just tourists either, as many ex-pats regularly visit pools, especially when their families come to visit.

I don't think staying all day with a a single drink is acceptable either - in theory, that's all you have to do, but I suspect that if you're there all day you will probably buy more. You can occasionally find a pool/bar and that is the best option - something like Panorama in Roda, which is similar to Tzilios.

Steve

Reply to: Pools open to the public?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Acharavi
Recent Conversations